Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2006-11-28 00:08:54

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Re: gbp_permanent_links

This is strange – I’m not seeing this error… minimal design or hakjoon have you what version of Txp are you on? Working from the latest development version? Any new plugins?

In fact could you send me your high detailed diagnostic info? And if possible how you’ve got the plugin configured.

Thanks

#62 2006-12-01 02:03:17

minimal design

sure, but where do I send it? can’t access your profile… don’t want my email harvested by a spam bot, so if you wanna contact me, just go to my site (still under dev, might look funky in IE, but contact form works :) -> http://minimaldesign.net/contact

#63 2006-12-05 22:20:01

matthewwithanm

If you redirect a single URL using this plugin, what kind of redirect is it? I’m hoping for a 301.

#64 2006-12-06 00:44:40

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Finally found some time to look into those error_article_context errors – although I can’t reproduce them I think I’ve tracked down the bug.

This version also contains some fixes to links to comments and several new preferences.

Setting join_pretext_to_pagelinks preference to no might help if pagelinks are incorrectly outputted. And there is now preferences for which http status code to send out on a redirect – this – @matthew the defaults are 301 for redirects to permlinks and 302 for redirects to other URLs.

gbp_permanent_links v0.10

Last edited by graeme (2006-12-06 08:18:45)

#65 2006-12-06 04:29:51

minimal design

You did indeed! It works for me now – this plugin is HOT!!!

Thanks so much for your effort + time… I’m gonna look at your code and learn when I have free time… This is high class stuff :)

Thanks again!

PS: is there somewhere a short explanation of the preference settings? I can sort of guess what those do, but I feel like I might miss a great feature just ‘cause I don’t know it’s there…

show_prefix

show_suffix

omit_trailing_slash

join_pretext_to_pagelinks

Last edited by minimal design (2006-12-06 04:37:39)

#66 2006-12-06 08:31:16

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

minimal design wrote:

You did indeed! It works for me now – this plugin is HOT!!!

Thanks so much for your effort + time… I’m gonna look at your code and learn when I have free time… This is high class stuff :)

Thanks again!

Thanks for you kind words. :D

Here is a quick explanation of the preferences options:
  • show_suffix and show_prefix will show a extra field for each compontent in your rules. They allow you to generate rules like foo_section/title.html if you so wish. This feature isn’t yet fully functioning.
  • omit_trailing_slash removes the any slashes on the end of the links generated – /section/title as opposed to /section/title/.
  • join_pretext_to_pagelinks was introduced last night. It is basically mimics the this_section attribute in the <txp:category_list /> tag but for all category links (and some other pagelinks!) on your pages.

#67 2006-12-06 08:45:53

sthmtc
Website

graeme, i’m still having some little problems: the pagination link does not work. a while ago i’ve sent you an email with the debugging output and some further infos, if you find the time it would be great if you could look into it… here is the content of the email again:

i think i’ve found a bug in permalinks. this page shouldnt be affected by any custom permalink schemes at all (it’s using the standard section/title scheme), nevertheless the pagination link at the bottom of the page is malformed ( /reviews/2 instead of /reviews/?pg=2 ) when i turn the plugin off, the link is built correctly. on the frontpage (also no custom permalink for this section) it works correct but if you go directly into this section, which is also possible ( like this ) then the pagination link is wrong again. could this be related to the other problem i already mentioned in one of our recent conversations per IM? (the one with the URL variables not working if custom link schemes are applied…)

#68 2006-12-06 20:02:21

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

sthmtc wrote:

graeme, i’m still having some little problems: the pagination link does not work. a while ago i’ve sent you an email with the debugging output and some further infos, if you find the time it would be great if you could look into it… here is the content of the email again:

Sorry Sven, I missed that email.

This is actually a feature, clean urls are nice :) But does it break any of functionality of your site?
I will look into adding a preference to let the user decide which style they prefer. Thanks.

#69 2006-12-06 21:04:15

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

graeme wrote:

I will look into adding a preference to let the user decide which style they prefer.

Well that was easier than I thought it would be :D.

gbp_permanent_links v0.11a

There is now another new preference option, clean_page_archive_links, which will toggle dirty and clean page archive links.

Also in this version:

• Improved handling of partially matching rules.
  • Bug fixes to a broken tag (<txp:gbp_use_pagelink />) due to changes which occurred in v0.10.

Nice!

#70 2006-12-06 21:18:59

sthmtc
Website

ok now it’s working, of course i prefer the clean urls but before they just resulted in a 404. now everything works just fine with clean pagination links. thanks!

#71 2006-12-06 21:37:47

LeeUmm
Website

Looks great.

Did you happen to test to see if section/section worked, or if I was just doing something wrong? From my post previously in this thread.

#72 2006-12-06 22:00:36

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

LeeUmm wrote:

Did you happen to test to see if section/section worked, or if I was just doing something wrong? From my post previously in this thread.

I’m slowly catching up on everything, sorry it’s taken so long.

I’m going to start work on it now :D

Board footer