Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-08-08 18:50:08

coopersita
Website

Email trouble: emails aren't being sent

Hi,

I’ve been looking at the forums and faqs but I can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong.

Since about a month ag no emails are being sent from TXP (it used to work fine). No comment notifications and no password resets. But I do have my own contact form that uses mail() and that one does work.

Since the contact form does work, I’m inclined to think it’s not a php.ini problem. Also it’s not the email address because I’ve tried with two different ones. It’s not spam because I disabled spam assassin and the emails still don’t get there, and one of the accounts I tried was a yahoo one and it didn’t go to the spam folder.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but my ISP switched to phpSuExec. Would that affect things? Does TXP uses htaccess to set up email somehow? what else could be causing the problem?

Any ideas will be welcomed.

#2 2006-08-08 19:31:23

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Email trouble: emails aren't being sent

I doubt it’s phpSuExec. I’m using suPHP myself on a server, which is probably similar in function. And if other PHP forms using mail() are working, I can’t think of a reason why it shouldn’t work in TXP.
.htaccess is not used for mail setup.
Could it be that your webhost is only allowing you to send mail with your domain in the sender address and perhaps you’ve set it to a totally different address?

#3 2006-08-08 22:17:20

zem
Developer Emeritus

Re: Email trouble: emails aren't being sent

Could it be that your webhost is only allowing you to send mail with your domain in the sender address and perhaps you’ve set it to a totally different address?

This is the most likely cause. See the FAQ for more.

If you use the admin > site admin page to create an account or reset a password, Textpattern should display a status message saying whether or not the email was sent. If it says it was sent, that means your mail server has accepted the email for delivery, and the problem is occurring somewhere else along the way.

Alex

Board footer