Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2006-07-25 01:36:35

cbeyls
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cbs_live_search

If you are using the plugin on your website, please post the address in this topic, I would be curious to see your implementation :)

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#12 2006-07-26 03:32:34

Fredb7

First, thank you.

It’s working perfectly.
Really great customization is possible.
I miss the arrow-key usage of the Wilshire script a bit, but it’s not a big deal.

A small problem:
The noreults <code><p></code> doesn’t appear in Safari (OS X 10.4.7 Safari v419.3). (Working in FF and Camino)
I tried with no css to be sure. No go.

I just need to fix this and it’s all set.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Fredb7 (2006-07-26 03:33:23)

#13 2006-07-26 12:46:52

cbeyls
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for pointing this little bug, I had not noticed that because it was the latest piece of code I have changed before the release.

I’ll fix that today or tomorrow.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#14 2006-07-26 14:27:48

Fredb7

Thanks cbeyls.

One more little thing:
When using the default break, the script line in the source includes <code>”<br />”</code> instead of <code>“br”</code>. This doesn’t change anything except the xhtml fails to validate. Giving a <code>break=“br”</code> argument fixes it.

As a side note, I had to change the livesearch_resetimage img to a div in livesearch.js to be able to change the image with css when style-switching.

Last edited by Fredb7 (2006-07-26 14:28:21)

#15 2006-07-26 18:14:58

cbeyls
Plugin Author
Website

Okay, I have fixed both issues. As for the images, normally it is possible to style them individually (I did it successfully). If you want them to be displayed as a div, you can use <code>display: block;</code> in your CSS. I will post a message once the new release is online.

#16 2006-07-27 00:13:20

cbeyls
Plugin Author
Website

Plugin upgraded.

#17 2006-07-27 23:31:04

Fredb7

Thanks cbeyls. Working fine!

About the images. I meant “using a different image depending on the user selected style”. Maybe there is a trick I don’t know that can achieve that.. No big deal anyway.

BTW, I just notice we’re both belgian and speaking french;) . Encore merci.

#18 2006-07-31 14:39:09

cbeyls
Plugin Author
Website

Ok now I understand your idea of using CSS to style the images instead of specifying it in the XHTML img src attribute. It’s not a bad one but it may seem more difficult for the user to configure these div’s so they align properly and have the right dimensions and less “natural” than a img tag that does this automatically.

Also, I have never tried to put an animated GIF as background image of a div with CSS. Is the GIF still animated in all browsers?

Et oui, petit bonjour de Belgique où le temps se rafraîchit ce qui permet d’être un peu plus actif :)

Last edited by cbeyls (2006-07-31 14:41:20)

#19 2006-07-31 17:23:29

Fredb7

It was just a side note, I don’t think you should change the img. I just have to change two lines in the js. No big deal.
I just use the close img, not a spinner, but I tried an animated as a div background and it’s working in Mozilla browsers at least.

Thanks again, I’ll post the address when the site is online.

#20 2006-08-07 14:32:19

Catalyst
Website

This looks like it may be just what I am after, but don’t you just know it, it is giving me a headache already and I haven’t even installed it yet.

I had a small problem recently, where my site acted very weirdly when I tried to write an article with the word ‘curl’ in it. It kept kicking me out and giving me all sorts of funny problems.

As I consequence, I do not use the word ‘curl’. However, when trying to install your plugin, I am getting these same problems appearing, so before attempting to going any further, I was hoping you could let me know if the plugin has the word ‘curl’ in it too?

If so, at least I know and can move on to the next step of trying to resolve this issue.

Edit: Resolved the problem by editing the .htaccess file. Thanks. Sorry to bother you.

Last edited by Catalyst (2006-08-07 21:07:45)

Board footer