You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-03-03 14:54:40

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

[plugin] [ORPHAN] ako_social

ako_social
Easy social bookmarking of your posts

The point of this plugin is to allow others to easy add your post to a one of various social bookmarking sites. You can determine which of the sites gets displayed, and how (whether it’s an image or text, which you can specify or leave as default). The concept behind this plugin is based on the Sociable plugin for wordpress.

Download ako_social v.4
More info

I feel bad about doing this, but the college life is a poor life, so I’m ransoming this plugin for $50. It’s really not a lot, if you think about it. A few dollars from anyone that’s interested, and soon enough the $50 target will be met. Anyone donating more than $5 will be listed on my website as a very helpful benefactor (or something along those lines). Once the ransom is met, I’ll release this plugin to the public and it will remain public forever! I’ll also continue to support it and what not, helping those who have difficulties.
The ransom campaign has ended sucessfully. A million thanks to the one who participated.

Last edited by akokskis (2007-04-04 17:33:35)

My Photoblog, and my personal site. Got nav? ako_nav.
Thanks for taking the time to look…

— vc3 —

#2 2006-03-09 04:09:25

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ako_social

Well, the ransom campaign has ended sucesfully and now, as promised, I’m releasing this plugin for free.
Please do tell me what you all think, as well as any suggestions etc etc.

Enjoy.

Download ako_social v.1
Associated images [zip]
Associated images [tgz]
More info

Last edited by akokskis (2006-03-09 04:12:15)

— vc3 —

#3 2006-03-22 00:14:17

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Howdy all,

Coming around to announce v.2 of my plugin, ako_social
This version primarily boasts a whole new list of sites that you can use with this plugin, as well as a few minor bug fixes. To see the full rundown and what have you, check out the “more info” link right below.

More info
Download

Thanks for the continued support. As always, comments, suggestions, and well, pretty much anything else (especially pie – I love pie) is always welcome.

— vc3 —

#4 2006-03-23 00:17:57

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Well done akoksis,
Unfortunately I still did’n‘t have time to test this, but it’ll be done soon.
I found all of your plugins quite usefull,

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#5 2006-12-08 22:30:55

cellseven
Website

Awesome Plugin, I have a quick edit for anyone who wants lazy submission to Digg.

I added some lines and added a custom field to the article section. You can find an example of this working at cell7.org by digging the reviews I’ve posted.

Plugin File Edit:

// couple good things to have
    $out      = array();
    $title    = urlencode($thisarticle['title']);
    $diggtopic    = urlencode($thisarticle['digg']);  // Added this line for Digg Topic
    $bodytext = urlencode($thisarticle['excerpt']); // Added this line for short description
    $permlink = urlencode(permlinkurl($thisarticle));

Then, just a tad further down in the code you can replace the “if ($digg == 1)” section with

if ($digg == 1) {
      $out[] = href($content["digg"][$images], "http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&amp;url=". $permlink ."&amp;title=". $title ."&amp;bodytext=" . $bodytext . "&amp;topic=" . $diggtopic);

Now, the only real modification I made to get the digg topic is to add a custom field named digg, and assign a topic for a story. Also the excerpt text works best if you leave the text unformatted for submission purposes, or maybe do a urldecode in front of the excerpt tag.

All of the credit goes to Akokskis for the plugin, this is great for those who want to join in the Social Crazy!

jack [at] cell7*orgCRAP

#6 2006-12-20 16:25:25

raveoli
Website

I get a parse error when installing the plugin:

Warning: parse_url(http:///www.shadows.com) [function.parse-url]: Unable to parse url in classTextile.php on line 776

#7 2006-12-20 17:13:55

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Could you give me some more info? What version of TXP are you using? When exactly is this error occuring? Is it when you’ve enabled the plugin? Or?

— vc3 —

#8 2006-12-20 17:42:20

raveoli
Website

Oh, sorry, major ADD here, only took one pill today;-)

I use the official release 4.0.4.

The error came after I clicked install. That is, on the preview page. Then, if I click install, it does install, but the error is listed at the top of the screen on the next page as well.

But it works, the plug…

I currently run my site in “Testing” mode (TXP prefs)…

#9 2006-12-21 15:03:08

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Ok, well I’ll try to take a look at it either today or tomorrow.

Does the plugin seem to be working fine otherwise?? This kind of confuses me as there is no call the the parse_url() function in my code. At least, there isn’t directly.

— vc3 —

#10 2006-12-24 15:39:49

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

@raveoli:

I’ve figured out what the issue was – I had an extra slash in one of my URLs (so it was http:///, instead of http://) in the help docs section.

Anyways, I’ll have that fixed for the next release, which I’d like to get out the door today or tomorrow, which will incidently include a few extra sites (Kinja, Mr. Wong, and Wink). If anyone has any requests, let’s hear them now, or wait for the next version.

— vc3 —

#11 2006-12-24 18:04:40

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Howdy all,

As promiesed, v.3 of my plugin, ako_social
This version includes a bug fix for the slight error that raveoli reported. Also, with this edition we have the edition of Kinja, Mr. Wong, and Wink to the list of sites that are supported. As well, I’ve added automatic support for the edit that cellseven made. (That should work, but if someone could test it for me, that’d be great). Also on a more technical note, I made the underlying code less stupid and more efficient.

More info
Download

Thanks for the continued support. As always, comments, suggestions, and well, pretty much anything else is always welcome.

[EDIT]:
Oh yeah, the image packages have been updated as well. Grab ‘em here: zip, 20kb or gzip, 12kb.

Last edited by akokskis (2006-12-24 19:47:12)

— vc3 —

#12 2007-04-04 17:32:32

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Howdy all,

Announcing: v.4 of my plugin, ako_social

This version includes a few new sites, courtesy of Podshop. Those are: Netscape, Windows Live, StumbleUpon, Google Bookmarks, and TwitThis. The image packages have been updated as well.

There shouldn’t really be any issues, as I haven’t made many changes, but I don’t really have the time at the moment to test this, so if someone could get back to me just so that I know that this all works for sure, that’d be great.

More info
Download

Thanks for the continued support. As always, comments, suggestions, and well, pretty much anything else is always welcome.

— vc3 —

Board footer