Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-02-27 10:48:44

davidm

Goodbye guys ! It's been a great adventure :D

I have written so much lately that I just seem short of words to say goodbye to this great community.

Some might have noticed that I started dropping out from the community 4 months ago, and didn’t make my usual contributions to the forums, even on the french side of things. Some might be familiar with the debate Alexandra, Nils and myself have tried to launch. I won’t talk about it anymore. It’s been a long thread, in which I have put a lot of energy because I have been hopeful the message we were trying to convey would come accross and have a positive outcome.

For all the great input we got from you guys I have the conviction this won’t change one thing. I have no hope anymore. Maybe I am burned out here, I don’t know. Anyway, while I might post again now and then, I won’t contribute to the community anymore. It won’t change much, but given the time I have spent here, I felt I owed it to the many people I value to at least say goodbye.

I’d like to focus on what has been positive about this experience : I have learned a great deal from you all, and not only about textpattern but also about webdesign (which lead me to change career, no less !), about the many cultures that you all come from, and about online friendships being just as real as any “live” contact. Thanks to Dean for inspiring us to begin with, with a different approach to content management systems.

Much of my take on things about content management comes from his philosophy : user-oriented, flexible and modular publishing system. What we textpatterners call “elegant” design. Some recent projects have been inspired by this, and this shows how much Textpattern has contributed to online publishing and content management. As such, I knew from day one Dean was visionnary and something was happening there.

For all this reasons, I’ll still use Textpattern for web projects, and I can’t wait to see what Elements will bring to textpattern !

Well, that’s it : THANKS TO YOU ALL !
I’LL MISS YOU

.: Retired :.

#2 2006-02-27 11:04:37

Niconemo

Re: Goodbye guys ! It's been a great adventure :D

Well… It’s so sad. Don’t know what to say.

Maybe just : “thank you, again, David”

Nico

#3 2006-02-27 11:43:53

Neko

Farewell threads on forums are probably the lamest thing happened on the Internet since the blink tag. If you want to leave just do it.

#4 2006-02-27 14:32:11

davidm

Some people might care about my reasons. Apparently you don’t.

If you don’t want to read farewell threads then just don’t read them and leave people express what they want to express. If farewell threads are lame, how lame is your post here ?

Last edited by davidm (2006-02-27 14:33:10)

.: Retired :.

#5 2006-02-27 15:02:47

skoggy
Website

I´m thankful for all your help and efforts davidm.

#6 2006-02-27 15:06:07

Neko

> davidm wrote:

Some people might care about my reasons. Apparently you don’t.

Back already? :3

#7 2006-02-27 15:16:36

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

See you in the modx forum…

#8 2006-02-27 15:53:25

Alex McKee
Website

Goodluck with everything davidm.

#9 2006-02-27 16:02:34

TheEric
Plugin Author

May I ask if this departure has anything to do with the seven page discussion in this same section?

#10 2006-02-27 16:07:54

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

May I ask if this departure has anything to do with the seven page discussion in this same section?

I am not David, but considering some emails: yes.

#11 2006-02-27 16:10:54

marios
Archived Plugin Author

au revoir, et bonne chance,merci beaucoup

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#12 2006-02-27 16:37:18

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Au revoir david… Well, if the reason you are leaving is due to the discussion in the thread, I think you have to give it another thought. The thread was an invitation for debate. During debates things are said which sometimes we might not want to hear. But it is the nature of debate.

You have given a very positive energy to the forum and for that many of us are thankful. You have 1285 posts in this forum in I don’t know how many threads. Currently in the <a href=“http://forum.textpattern.com/userlist.php?username=&show_group=-1&sort_by=num_posts&sort_dir=DESC&search=Submit”>top 10 users</a>. You wish to leave because of one thread which was created specifically for debate? Sometimes we win our objectives and sometimes we don’t. My advice on this? Follow <a href=“http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=101450#p101450”>Niconemo’s advice</a>.

Last edited by colak (2006-02-27 16:40:47)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer