Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2006-01-29 15:21:10

RenJonsin
Website

Re: [archived] pap_xpoll (multiple poll plugin)

That worked! Thanks

Ren

#62 2006-01-30 02:59:59

RenJonsin
Website

Only other problem is that when I make the form for the plugin, I can set the title to H2 header but when it switches over to results, it loses the formatting and there doesn’t seem to be a way to format the title in the results page.

http://www.frontstretch.com/testpage/

Also, is there a place in the coding where I can insert a space so that the results say
“Elliott Sadler 6%” with a space instead of “Elliott Sadler6%” without the space.

Thanks
Ren

Last edited by RenJonsin (2006-01-30 03:49:18)

#63 2006-02-27 00:19:10

loid

Tranquillo, would you mind emailing version 3 to bob@fortbendnow?

It would be greatly appreciated.

#64 2006-03-05 16:07:20

squaredeye
Website

Sorry, I’ve missed where I’m supposed to upload the images to? Is it the images directory and give them category xpoll? i thought I saw something about that in the plugin code around line 506 (which was indicated by an error I am getting on the tab_xpoll)

Thx.

If you’re mailing version three, I’d be up to seeing a copy, if not :0) no problem.

ps: is there a “reset” or something to that effect so that I can test a poll before I use it, and then reset it when I am ready to exhibit it?

Last edited by ma_smith (2006-03-05 16:08:28)

#65 2006-03-05 17:01:07

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

To use images for the result display, upload them through Textpattern to the image folder and asign them the category “xpoll”.

“ps: is there a “reset” or something to that effect so that I can test a poll before I use it, and then reset it when I am ready to exhibit it?”

No there’s not, yet. But there’s a workaround using phpmyadmin :-) (I will add this feature, asap).

“If you’re mailing version three, I’d be up to seeing a copy, if not :0) no problem.”

If version 3 will be ready, it will be available for download here. I try to finish it soon, but it’s hell lot of code, so please, understand that it takes some time.

EDIT: I didn’t mean to be rude. I’m aware that changes take longer than on other plugins. But to prevent people from thinking that I abandoned this plugin, I tried to explain myself.

Last edited by tranquillo (2006-03-06 07:30:06)

#66 2006-03-05 19:08:44

squaredeye
Website

Tranquillo.
Wow. Great. Sorry if I implied I was in a hurry. I’m not. You’ve done a fantastic job with this plugin. Its a lot of fun. I’m hoping to use it for asking questions and getting votes about the new image handling for textpattern

One question, I have two polls in two separate articles, and they are different, but both polls somehow have the number of options and the answers available of only the most recent poll question? I use the txp:pap_xpoll id=“id of poll” tag, and the id’s correspond correctly, but I’m getting this weird behavior?

Again, great job. Thanks for your help, hope you have a good finish to the weekend.

EDIT on second thought it appears that each article is only pulling the most recent poll, could the id parameter not be working because I have opted to leave out the title in favor of txp:title?

oops. I’m not a good reader :) I see this has changed since the last version, its now poll

Last edited by ma_smith (2006-03-05 20:36:51)

#67 2006-03-11 13:11:15

avetma

Is there any way to define width of poll because my site is breaking down when I look at the results.

Thank you

#68 2006-03-11 13:31:07

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

“Is there any way to define width of poll because my site is breaking down when I look at the results”

The output of the graphs / images is using class=“clsGraph”, the output of the votes/percentage uses class=“clsPerc”.

So you can define the width of this classes in the stylesheet (maybe you have to use: overflow:hidden). You can also define your own resultform in txp and use an enclosing div for the whole result display with a special id or class.

Last edited by tranquillo (2006-03-11 13:34:23)

#69 2006-05-03 13:01:26

marvix

How to run this plugin on multilang site ?

how to change the poll text based on section ? “I mean: view result , vote, submit “

Another thing … how to make space between the radio button and the text … can you insert spans or divs ??

Thanks in advanced.

#70 2006-05-09 13:48:50

pgregg

Just installed v02 of pap_xpoll. When I click the admin tab I get

A problem occured while loading the plugin: pap_xpoll -> Warning: Unknown(../pap_xpoll_lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory on line 456
A problem occured while loading the plugin: pap_xpoll -> Warning: (null)(): Failed opening ‘../pap_xpoll_lib.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear’) on line 456

If I deactivate pap_xpoll the message goes away.

Any ideas?

Regards

Phil

#71 2006-05-09 16:35:14

pgregg

Aplogies. I didn’t realise there were multiple pages to this post and I found the answer at the top of the last page! I installed it in the textpattern folder not the ‘root’ !

Closed.

Nice plugin btw

Board footer