Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-06-13 12:38:07

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

[archived] pap_xpoll (multiple poll plugin)

Notice: This thread is archived, this plugin is archived. It can be downloaded from Textpattern.net

pap_xpoll_v02 is based on x-poll by X-scripts.
Version 02 is a testversion. You can still download Version 01 (same link).

Features:

Multiple polls on same page.
Define your own Textpattern poll and results form.
Unlimited option choices for Polls.
Choose from protecting your polls with IP and/or Cookie Protection.
Display poll results as graphs or choose the images that are displayed for each option when displaying a poll’s result. Even get pap_xpoll to randomise images each time.
Add/Edit/Delete settings for graphs.
Choose when the poll starts and expires.
Choose how often (years/months/days/hours/minutes/seconds) the user can vote on the same poll.
Decide if users can view results before they vote.
Add/Edit/Delete/View Polls.
Use the IP Blocker to prevent malicious users from voting.
Display Options as Links or with checkboxes/radiobuttons.
Allow single or multiple answers.
Display votes in results as %, absolute and %, absolute or not at all. Choose to display them within graphs or outside.
Support for language files.

Installation:

Unzip the contents of pap_xpoll_v02.zip. Upload pap_xpoll_lib.php and pap_xpoll_install.php to your textpattern root folder on your webserver (i.e. htdocs or htdocs/txp).
Open pap_xpoll_install.php on your webserver. Below are descriptions of the values you will need to enter:
$user_db = This is your MySQL username (DEFAULT = ‘root’)
$pass_db = This is your MySQL password (DEFAULT = ‘’)
$host_db = The name of the host Textpattern resides (e.g. localhost)
$db = Enter the name of your Textpattern database.
$PFX = Enter your Textpattern table_prefix (the same, you chose for the textpattern installation; default = ‘’).
Point your browser to www.your_domain.xyz/pap_xpoll_install.php. This will install 6 tables (xpolls, xpoll_options, xpoll_ip, xpoll_config, xpoll_inputs, xpoll_blocks) with the prefix you entered (NOTE: The prefix must be the same as your Textpattern table_prefix).
Delete pap_xpoll_install.php after the installation.

Install the language file through the textpattern admin interface by copying the file to the textpattern lang folder and installing it through admin/manage languages/install from file. NOTE: Before copying a language file to the textpattern language folder, make sure to save any language file with the same filename from this folder!

Install (copy/paste) the pap_xpoll plugin from pap_xpoll.txt and activate it.

You should then find in the admin section of textpattern a page named “polls” under the “extensions” tab.

Please see the help text for further information.

Last edited by tranquillo (2007-05-27 12:09:33)

#2 2005-06-13 20:23:48

moloko
Website

Re: [archived] pap_xpoll (multiple poll plugin)

I know this is user error, I checked the Database. xpoll is made with four tables. Getting this message when I try to make a poll.

rning: main(../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
textpattern/xpoll/admin/add.php on line 212

Warning: main(../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
textpattern/xpoll/admin/add.php on line 212

Warning: main(): Failed opening ‘../config.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in textpattern/xpoll/admin/add.php on line 212

#3 2005-06-14 07:40:21

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

My mistake, sorry. You can download pap_xpoll.zip now with the corrected file or just insert into xpoll/admin/add.php on line 212 xpoll/config.php instead of ../config.php .

Thanks for trying it out and for your feedback.

#4 2005-06-14 19:37:48

moloko
Website

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in textpattern/xpoll/admin/add.php on line 214

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in textpattern/xpoll/admin/add.php on line 242

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in textpattern/xpoll/admin/add.php on line 243

Success: Your poll has been added to the database

Then it reloads to the polls tab and shows….

There are currently no polls. Please create one.
Im not to good with MySQL so it could be operator error. I hope someone else can try this out.

Last edited by moloko (2005-06-14 19:38:48)

#5 2005-06-14 20:07:25

davidm

I’ll most certainly will, this was missing for community oriented websites :-)
It’s nice to have such a promising plugin, let’s test it and make it operationnal, now !

I’ll test and report. Please, moloko, tell us what is your TXP version, and which rev if it’s RC3

.: Retired :.

#6 2005-06-15 08:48:19

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

moloko: you wrote “xpoll is made with 4 tables”. Did you insert in textpattern/install/install.php on the line that says:

$db = ‘xpoll’; // Database to be created or name of existing database (Please note: Database containing dashes cannot be created)

the name of the database with your textpattern tables instead of “xpoll”? If not, the poll tables are in the database called xpoll but txp might be using another database. This could be the reason for your error messages.

#7 2005-06-15 14:50:16

moloko
Website

Textpattern · 1.0rc3

I did a fresh install. I still have to make the xpoll database manually. I then added the x-poll.sql file and it build the tables below.

xpoll.blocked
xpoll.ip
xpoll.options
xpoll.polls

Still get the same errors. As a note all my databases (even textpatten database) has a prefix with underscore XX_. I will just have to wait until more people test it out. Looks promising.

Also just checking the tabs in the plugin. ip block shows

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in textpattern/xpoll/admin/ip/index.php on line 5
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in textpattern/xpoll/admin/ip/index.php on line 6

Im sure this has to do with my database issues and not the plugin itself.

#8 2005-06-15 16:55:41

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Don’t create a new database for xpoll, but create the required 4 tables (polls, ip, blocked, options) in your textpattern database and create them without any prefix (I’ll try to add a prefix solution in a next version). My installation guide was misleading in that point (I changed it in my first post).

#9 2005-06-15 19:36:51

moloko
Website

I feel retarded now Tranquillo. You are right have to make the tables in textpattern database. all is working sweet now. testing out now.

#10 2005-06-24 13:19:00

duchamp
Website

Can anyone tell me if this plugin is working ok?
I’m going to test it later.

Thx in advance

#11 2005-06-24 14:04:28

moloko
Website

It works great Duchamp

#12 2005-06-24 14:23:45

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Glad to hear that, moloko. I got aware, that it might not work properly for people behind an anonymous proxy server, because it uses the HTTP_Referer server variable. I’ll change that for the next version.

Board footer