Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-02-12 02:09:09

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

mem_filter

This plugin allows filters and other simple string calculations to be applied to arbitraty text. It also allows for arbitrary text to be stored and used multiple times on the page without duplicating tags.

Detailed Plugin Information

#2 2005-02-12 11:36:24

Etz Haim
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: mem_filter

Thanks, it’s great. This plugin exposes a lot of raw PHP functionality to Textpattern, and I’ll be figuring out ways to use it in the future. This thread will probably pecome the mem_filter cookbook.

One word, though: <txp:mem_set "o" parse="0"> does not seem like valid XML to me, and I like plugin syntax to be valid XML.

Last edited by Etz Haim (2005-02-12 11:40:15)

#3 2005-02-12 15:58:54

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

> Etz Haim wrote:

> Thanks, it’s great. This plugin exposes a lot of raw PHP functionality > to Textpattern, and I’ll be figuring out ways to use it in the future.
> This thread will probably pecome the mem_filter cookbook.
>
> One word, though: <txp:mem_set "o" parse="0"> does not seem
> like valid XML to me, and I like plugin syntax to be valid XML.

You’re right. That is invalid xml, but in my defense it is also invalid syntax for the plugin. There should be “name=” preceding the the “o”.

I fixed the many typos in the help. The documentation fixes are valid on the information url and will be valid in the plugin documentation on the next release.

Last edited by Manfre (2005-02-12 16:02:13)

#4 2005-02-13 08:12:07

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Version 0.2 is now posted. It has a few new features:

1. Multiple filters can be applied to a single filter tag. Specify a comma separated, ordered list of filters to apply.
  2. Added filter rel_nofollow, which tags all external links with the rel=“nofollow” attribute.
  3. Added filter external_links, which tags all external links by appending “[domainname.com]” after the link text (like seen on slashdot). It will also set the link title to “domainname.com” if no title is found.

Let me know if there are any filters that you would like added.

Board footer