Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2023-10-29 11:25:41

eriicj

Is TextPattern suitable for this ?

Hi everyone :)

First of all, I want to apologize for my bad english writing (french speaking inside). :)

Then, I’m in search of a CMS that’s not too heavy to reach this kind of structure (only pages, no blog or comment) :

The “easy part” :

• home page => a list of books (title + cover + some related infos, each item of the list is a link to the book page)
  • book page => cover + content page (a list with linked chapters) + a stripe link
  • chapter page => chapter content + navigation prev/next

“The hard part” :

• ability to download a book (pdf + epub) after payment with a stripe payment link
  • a counter to record and displayed the sell number
  • a contact page

I know I can (mostly) achieve all of this with WordPress but I’m looking for something cooler.

Thanks for your advice and the great job with this CMS.

Greetings from Paris, France,

ériicj

#2 2023-10-29 12:39:00

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: Is TextPattern suitable for this ?

Hi eriicj and welcome to txp community.

The part about homepage and pages are doable using Textpattern with native txp tags.

Contact page : if you use a contact form there is a pluggin for that.

Selling book is the hard part there is no solutions out of the box, you need to add some php code, i did it before for a client that sells subscripions in his website but you need to know coding a little in php.

You can look to the Doc and ask questions here in forum if you have trouble.

I made a website some years ago about books : Livre Algerie

Bon courage.

#3 2023-10-29 21:40:58

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Hi and welcome.

As Dragondz says, the shop is the hardest part in Textpattern. There is a shop plugin (yab_shop) and I’ve forked it and changed it, but it’s limited to PayPal only.

Since PayPal changed their API and are deprecating the one that the plugin uses, I’ve taken it upon myself to (re)write a dedicated shopping cart plugin for Textpattern with modular payment gateways. It’s based on yab_shop.

It’s early days, sadly. But it’s in development.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2023-10-30 03:36:38

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi.
I did such the kind of website you project to do : https://editions-du-26-octobre.com/

Initially, this website sold ebooks (unfortunately because visitors weren’t interested in digital things, the EPUB shop was removed)

For the digital goods, I used a php script for the back-office part in order to manage the e-book files and the sells analysts.

There are two scripts available depending on the gateway of your choice (very easy integration within Textpattern with a simple line of code):

Stripe support: https://codecanyon.net/item/stripe-instant-downloads-standalone-script/20228911

Paypal support: https://codecanyon.net/item/paypal-green-downloads-standalone-script/25350417

For the chapters part, etc has a solution: http://www.iut-fbleau.fr/projet/etc/tips/article-pagination

Last edited by Pat64 (2023-10-30 04:46:56)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#5 2023-10-30 11:28:14

eriicj

Thanks Dragondz, Bloke and Pat for all your answers.

Many things to explore but I’ve got no deadline (personal project) so… let’s work !

Have a nice day. :)

Greetings from Paris, France.

ériicj

#6 2023-11-14 14:40:19

raminrahimi

I have a suggestion if possible, TXP developers can develop any professional plugin and sell that like Wordpress plugins, I’m sure lots of people will purchase and use that.

Board footer