Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2023-10-08 21:57:27

raminrahimi

Public users login

I want to have a portion on my public website, people can register new accounts and log in as well.
Because I want to restrict some pages/articles that people must log in and see that.
Anyone please help me in this regard?
Thanks

#2 2023-10-09 11:17:32

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Public users login

Hi raminrahimi,

I think you asked this one before but I agree – except for txp:password_protect – there is not an in-built method.

But see also this thread and the pages linked there too. I’ve not tested any of those plugins in a long while, but it may only need minor modifications to get them working again.

Also search around the forum. People have lots of different ideas of how this could or should be done, for example, some have achieved “restricted areas” by creating a new user privileges level using smd_user_manager and rah_privileges to give certain named users only particular viewing rights.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2023-10-09 18:59:07

raminrahimi

Thanks for the cooperation.
Yes, I had a client some years ago as I asked that question and I couldn’t succeed at that time then I developed that website with WordPress, and now my new client needs that feature as well and I thought maybe some new plugins or options are developed to work on that.

#4 2023-10-09 20:11:38

jakob
Admin
Website

I completely forgot that I did some updates to cbe_frontauth myself. And someone called gas_kirito has made some updates to mck_login too.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer