Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2017-08-24 18:00:13

david@druna.cz

Cannot create sections and php does not work in old articles

Kind of two problems in one but it is two parts of one picture for me – error prone environment.

The first part – I cannot create new sections (topics, whatever it is called in english – I am using the Czech version). Whatever I fill in the form I get an error message that the section has not been created and I should try again.

The second thing is that I created a form consisting heavily of php code (a registration form). I want to import it to most of the articles but when I do a mess gets displayed instead of the imported part – I believe it is because the php does not get interpreted. I must go and create a new article from scratch (I cannot event use the duplicate button because then the new article is equally flawed) and insert the form into this new article.

Few weeks ago I performed an upgrade from TXP 4.4.1 to 4.6.2 so expect it to be related to the problems.

#2 2017-08-25 04:09:34

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Cannot create sections and php does not work in old articles

It seems that you are using a number of plugins. I’m wondering if updating them will sort out the problem.

Do your diagnostics indicate anything?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2017-08-25 09:55:10

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Please check that

• the browser does not use a cached textpattern.js version from 4.4.1 (refresh with Ctrl+F5 or equivalent on the admin side);
  • the author of old articles has sufficient privileges (admin) to run php.

#4 2017-08-31 22:36:53

david@druna.cz

Diagnostic were saying TXP cannot write into temp folder so I gave it permissions. The problems persist. There is another warning that there are various function turned off in the environment. That might be it! Quote of the warning in czech:

Následující funkce PHP byly na serveru vypnuty (ale mohou být nezbytné pro Textpattern): fbase64_decode, eval, fcurl_exec, curl_multi_exec, parse_ini_file, show_source, php, perl, apache_setenv

colak wrote #306715:

It seems that you are using a number of plugins. I’m wondering if updating them will sort out the problem.

p.

#5 2017-08-31 22:39:03

david@druna.cz

Ctrl+F5 saved me after the upgrade when buttons were missing etc. I granted stronger role to the user and it started working! It was not apparent the PHP insertion is limited to some roles. There is just an on/off option. So that solves part of the problem.

etc wrote #306718:

Please check that

• the browser does not use a cached textpattern.js version from 4.4.1 (refresh with Ctrl+F5 or equivalent on the admin side);
  • the author of old articles has sufficient privileges (admin) to run php.

p.

#6 2017-08-31 22:58:51

uli

david@druna.cz wrote #306806:

It was not apparent the PHP insertion is limited to some roles.

There are some question marks/exclamation marks in the admin side with help windows about roles and their privileges popping up on click. I always preferred seeing everything live with Stef/Bloke’s plugin smd_faux_role: Switch role and see what clients and co-workers see.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#7 2017-09-01 18:37:32

david@druna.cz

Hurray! The admin enabled some of the features and I can create new sections now. It event fixed other issues – I could not use the macros plugin. There are still some missing features I hope I can do without them for some time. Current message is:

Následující funkce PHP byly na serveru vypnuty (ale mohou být nezbytné pro Textpattern): fbase64_decode, fcurl_exec, curl_multi_exec, fparse_ini_file, show_source, php, perl, apache_setenv

Finally I have fixed the Create New button by hacking the obsolete plugin with what I foud here on the forum. Thank you for suggestions.

colak wrote #306715:

p.

Board footer