Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2017-07-30 11:59:23

david@druna.cz

Cannot expand/collapse forms after upgrade do 4.6.2 from 4.4.1

I have recently upgrade from version 4.4.1 to 4.6.2. It went surprisingly well so far with the exception that I cannot expand/collapse forms in the admin panel in the forms section nor using the little arrows nor using the expand all/collapse all buttons.

The forms apart from those by default expanded are therefore currently inaccessible to me which worries me a little.

#2 2017-07-30 12:06:35

david@druna.cz

Re: Cannot expand/collapse forms after upgrade do 4.6.2 from 4.4.1

Yes! It seems to be working again. I don’t know precisely what fixed it. I noticed the old textpattern folder had jquery.js in is so I added it and hit Ctrl+F5 in the admin panel. It started working. To assure it was the cause I removed the jquery again, hit Ctrl+F5 again but it remained working.

david@druna.cz wrote #306486:

I have recently upgrade from version 4.4.1 to 4.6.2. It went surprisingly well so far with the exception that I cannot expand/collapse forms in the admin panel in the forms section nor using the little arrows nor using the expand all/collapse all buttons.

The forms apart from those by default expanded are therefore currently inaccessible to me which worries me a little.

p.

#3 2017-07-30 12:45:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Glad the upgrade went okay. We do try to make it as painless as possible. Unfortunately, things like this do crop up when browsers cache old resources (such as textpattern.js or jquery.js) and you get odd behaviour until you force-refresh all the bits and pieces, as you did.

We’ve tried various solutions but never found a good one that works reliably so there’s not much we can do about that unfortunately.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2017-11-27 22:15:31

Chris H
Website

FWIW When I also performed an upgrade from 4.5.7 —> 4.6.0, I too couldn’t expand the bars on either side of the textareas in the admin panel. In my case, it turned out to be my version of PHP was not new enough. As memory served; I could have sworn that the minimum requirement stated was 5.3.3. But it wasn’t until I pushed my version up to 5.6.x, that the bars expanded as intended.

Just thought I’d mention it. In case someone else also had this problem.

HTH

—Chris

Board footer