Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-11-20 17:38:32

Destry
Website

[resolved] GitHub: moving local repo folder; break anything?

I have some github repos sitting at Documents/Github. I want to move the Github folder to destry/Github. Can I just drag that sucker over and everything in it, or will that break all the magic connections with the master repos?

#2 2015-11-20 17:43:01

Destry
Website

Re: [resolved] GitHub: moving local repo folder; break anything?

Another question: I transferred my textile-mark repo to the Textile organization. I didn’t do anything to correct the path with my local clone, but the GitHub desktop client seemed to recognize the new master location its own. I simply did a sync in the client, and the new master location reflected in the client path. Does that sound normal? I thought I would have to re-clone it, or something.

#3 2015-11-20 20:28:47

maniqui
Website

Destry wrote #296724:

I have some github repos sitting at Documents/Github. I want to move the Github folder to destry/Github. Can I just drag that sucker over and everything in it, or will that break all the magic connections with the master repos?

Yes, you can. Nothing will break but be sure you are moving the (usually hidden) .git folder too, of course.

Destry wrote #296725:

Another question: I transferred my textile-mark repo to the Textile organization. I didn’t do anything to correct the path with my local clone, but the GitHub desktop client seemed to recognize the new master location its own. I simply did a sync in the client, and the new master location reflected in the client path. Does that sound normal? I thought I would have to re-clone it, or something.

I am not familiar with the GH desktop client. But simply look into .git/config file to confirm that paths are now correct.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2015-11-21 02:18:29

Destry
Website

Excellent. Thanks maniqui. Easy-peasy.

Board footer