Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-11-20 12:02:32

pierlu

Site on Altervista

Can I install a site created with Textpattern on altervista?

#2 2014-11-20 13:52:15

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Site on Altervista

pierlu wrote #285968:

Can I install a site created with Textpattern on altervista?

In theory, yes.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2014-11-20 16:25:37

uli

You let us do the address research (WTH is altervister?) while their website is in your language and their forum is ditto? Come on, you’re better!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2014-11-20 16:54:33

candyman

A give a quick look at Altervista and it seems you have FTP and MySQL access, so I think that you can migrate your TXP site.

First you have to create a site on Altervista choosing TXP as CMS.

Don’t know what version they are using know: control it’s the same of your site.

#5 2014-11-20 18:39:25

giampablo
Website

Ciao Pierlu,
yes, you can.
I have a seven years old textpattern site still running there (www.qashqaimania.com).
Basically Altervista gives you a free hosting with a third level domain (i.e. your_name.altervista.org). Please consider that you need to pay few € for access to a MySQL database (required for a textpattern site). Also, you have space and query per hour limits.

As an alternative I would recommend a cheap hosting solution at www.aruba.it for something more, less than 30 €/year if I well remember.
In such case choose a linux/apache hosting + MySQL db. And the domain name registration is included.

Hope it helps.

#6 2014-11-21 03:30:56

bici
Website Mastodon

giampablo wrote #285973:

Ciao Pierlu,
yes, you can.
I have a seven years old textpattern site still running there (www.qashqaimania.com).
Basically Altervista gives you a free hosting with a third level domain (i.e. your_name.altervista.org). Please consider that you need to pay few € for access to a MySQL database (required for a textpattern site). Also, you have space and query per hour limits.

As an alternative I would recommend a cheap hosting solution at www.aruba.it for something more, less than 30 €/year if I well remember.
In such case choose a linux/apache hosting + MySQL db. And the domain name registration is included.

Hope it helps.

don’t EVER EVER chose Aruba.it … They have the most draconian interface i have ever come across! DANGER. Please look at something else. justhost.com or skgoldhosting.com or ??? anything else.

…. texted postive

Board footer