Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-05-27 17:28:21

AHSSHeritage

"Deprecated: Function" problem - help!

Hi there,
I am having problems with my Textpattern website. I wasn’t aware of any problem until it stopped letting me publish articles, every time I try to it just logs me out – and now the main website is showing this:
“Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /data01/ahss/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 14

A problem occured while loading the plugin: ign_password_protect -> Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /data01/ahss/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:14) on line 162”

I would really appreciate any help or advice regarding how to solve this.

Many thanks,
Sarah

#2 2014-05-27 18:04:52

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: "Deprecated: Function" problem - help!

Hi Sarah, and welcome to txp.

There is a similar topic here with Jukka’s post possibly offering a solution for you. If not, maybe someone here with more knowledge than mine, will offer their help.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2014-05-27 18:35:27

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: "Deprecated: Function" problem - help!

AHSSHeritage wrote #281073:

I wasn’t aware of any problem until it stopped letting me publish articles, every time I try to it just logs me out

As Yiannis says, this is normally an upgrade issue, but in your case — since it sounds like you haven’t done any such procedure — it’ll probably be your host upgrading to a more recent version of PHP which is conflicting with either Textpattern or a plugin (or two).

To rule out plugins, one thing you can do is manually edit the URL to:

your-site.com/textpattern/?event=plugin

Once you log in, that’ll take you to the plugins page. If you can first turn off any that run on the admin side (or even, just all of them), you might be able to turn them on one by one to narrow it down. If, however, you can’t even do that because it logs you out straight away then it’s Textpattern core that is not playing ball and we’ll have to investigate further.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer