Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-03-11 17:30:40

6sigma
Website

Error Msg: when trying to get a Txp blog moved to a new host...

“It appears the tables in xxxx_xxdb already exist. If you wish to continue setup, either delete the existing tables, or choose a different table prefix.”

I’m getting that message after importing the database to the new host’s database, and trying to go through the setup of Textpattern. What should I do to fix this?

Thanks.

Steps completed thus far:
  • Host account established
  • Site files moved to new host for 4 domans
  • Exported MySQL db from TextDrive imported at new host using name “xxxx_xxdb”
  • Nameservers changed at registrar
  • Email accounts built & verified
  • Verified domains are now resolving at new host

EDIT TO ADD: Does that error mean I can simply edit the config.php file and not go through the setup routine?

Last edited by 6sigma (2014-03-11 17:45:24)

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#2 2014-03-11 18:17:58

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Error Msg: when trying to get a Txp blog moved to a new host...

6sigma wrote #279672:

Does that error mean I can simply edit the config.php file and not go through the setup routine?

Yup.

#3 2014-03-11 18:21:02

6sigma
Website

Thanks. After trying that, I’m still getting “database unavailable,” but hat has to be some combination of pathing and or user info that I’m putting in the config.php file.

Time for the old combinations/permutations trial-and-error.

Again, many thanks.

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#4 2014-03-11 18:28:52

bici
Website Mastodon

6sigma wrote #279675:

Thanks. After trying that, I’m still getting “database unavailable,” but hat has to be some combination of pathing and or user info that I’m putting in the config.php file.

Time for the old combinations/permutations trial-and-error.

Again, many thanks.

As i recall when i have that error. i EMPTY the new DB. and then re-import the DB and it usually works.
Also Edit a copy of your mysql dump and update the username and db name. and also update the paths. makes for an easier process

…. texted postive

#5 2014-03-12 23:42:40

Destry
Website

6sigma wrote #279675:

I’m still getting “database unavailable,” but hat has to be some combination of pathing and or user info that I’m putting in the config.php file.

Check to make sure you’re using the Kaizen-supplied mysql password and not the primary account virtualmin password. In TxD they were the same, at Kaizen they’re not. Same username. Different (and long) passwords. This little oversight had me spinning for the last 3 days on the very same error message.

#6 2014-03-13 00:14:12

bici
Website Mastodon

Destry wrote #279704:

Check to make sure you’re using the Kaizen-supplied mysql password and not the primary account virtualmin password. In TxD they were the same, at Kaizen they’re not. Same username. Different (and long) passwords. This little oversight had me spinning for the last 3 days on the very same error message.

you can have separate passwords for each db and users. create those in virtualmin

…. texted postive

Board footer