Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-04-09 11:04:40

lisabelle

Several error messages after installing TXP 4.5.4

Dear all,

I just tried to install the newest TXP version on my server (on which already several older txp sites are running) and can’t access the admin. Instead these messages are telling me:
“Internal error “Duplicate entry ’1-tempdir-’ for key ‘prefs_idx’”.” ( a Popup)
after hitting the OK-Button the site says:
“I’m sorry. I’m afraid I can’t do that; article is an unsafe operation.”

The frontend site has these error messages:
General error Textpattern Error: Unknown column ‘load_order’ in ‘order clause’ on line 95
Tag error: <txp:article limit=“5” /> -> Textpattern Error: Unknown column ‘Expires’ in ‘where clause’ while parsing form “None” on page “default”
Tag error: <txp:article limit=“5” /> -> Textpattern Error: Unknown column ‘Expires’ in ‘field list’ while parsing form “None” on page “default”

My host Linux Server data:
PHP Version 5.3.21
My SQL client API version 5.5.30

I already searched the forum but did’t find a proper solution.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Lisa

#2 2013-04-09 16:15:36

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: Several error messages after installing TXP 4.5.4

lisabelle wrote:

Dear all,
I just tried to install the newest TXP version on my server (on which already several older txp sites are running) and can’t access the admin. Instead these messages are telling me:
after hitting the OK-Button the site says:
“I’m sorry. I’m afraid I can’t do that; article is an unsafe operation.”

mmm. it could be a case of files not getting uploaded correctly. it can happen. Delete everything and try again.
Make sure you delete and re-create the MySQL DB again in case it also was corrupted.

…. texted postive

#3 2013-04-09 16:47:51

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

lisabelle wrote:

Seems you have gotten write errors during the database population process, or some source file is corrupted. I would bet its the former. I would suggest emptying your database, verifying the Textpattern installation files are in ok state ( by re-uploading) and then trying the installation again.

There is a change that the setup process fails. The bad part is that the Textpattern’s setup application is not error aware and does performs no post-validation.

The frontend site has these error messages:

As odd it sounds, that’s normal. The initial setup process you ran creates a database structure of a base installation of Textpattern — it installs an old base version so to speak, which is then updated to the newer version when you log in for the first time.

#4 2013-04-11 12:31:10

lisabelle

Dear Bici and Gocom,
thanks for your hints.
I did a complete re-install with new database and new files upload and the same happend with the same error messages.
Then I cleaned the existing database, deleted the config.php and did only the set-up again.
Voilá, it worked.
Thanks again!

#5 2013-05-15 03:38:40

GugUser

I can’t make work Textpattern on a new installation. The same problems as described above and the additional error:

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 2306 is not allowed to access /tmp/txp_z9w9iC owned by uid 30 in /home/www/…/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 1676

I made 5-6 new installations on new databases, nothing changes.

#6 2013-07-02 09:07:59

eritropel

Dear all,

I have the same problem like described in the initial post.

popup:
“Duplicate entry ’1-tempdir-’ for key ‘prefs_idx’”

and then:
Es tut mir leid, aber das kann ich nicht tun. Ich glaube, dass es zur Zeit nicht sicher ist, article auszuführen.
(Google translation: “I’m sorry, but I can not. I do believe that it is not safe at the moment, article run.”)

No way to get the Login screen again.

When I call the index page:
General error Textpattern Error: Unknown column ‘load_order’ in ‘order clause’ on line 95
Tag error: <txp:article limit=“5” /> -> Textpattern Error: Unknown column ‘Expires’ in ‘where clause’ while parsing form “None” on page “default”
Tag error: <txp:article limit=“5” /> -> Textpattern Error: Unknown column ‘Expires’ in ‘field list’ while parsing form “None” on page “default”

Server:
  • Linux
  • php 5.4
  • MySQL 5.0.10

I’ve tried 3 times with complete new installation. It dos’nt work.
I’ve tried 3 times with a cleaned Database and config.php and new setup. The same result. :-/

In the past I have installed older TXP versions 4 or 5 times on different servers without problems…

I need help. Thank you!

Matthias

#7 2013-07-02 12:59:04

uli

Matthias, Unknown column ‘Expires’ is a hint that the update script didn’t run properly.

In PHPmyAdmin, try setting the TXP version number back to the version you updated (table txp_prefs) or run this SQL (where 4.0.6 should be your previous version number). Then try to login again.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#8 2013-07-02 14:08:01

eritropel

Thank you Uli for your help. But: in this case I did not updated an older TXP version. This is the first installation with TXP 4.5.4 …

#9 2013-07-02 14:21:11

uli

I might be wrong, but re update script there is no difference in installing or updating, AFAIR, the updater has to run and has to run properly.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#10 2013-07-02 14:36:53

eritropel

Uli, what means that for me?

My last action was to delete the DB and the complete TXP directory. Frust…
Should I install TXP again and try your hint with the DB table anyway?

Matthias

#11 2013-07-02 20:37:48

uli

eritropel wrote:

Should I install TXP again and try your hint with the DB table anyway?

That’s what I thought initially. Well, I overlooked Gocom’s post here (third) during my searches. If you haven’t done so already, download another copy of TXP (file corruption. Aditionally, if you used the zip, download the rar and vice versa) and try once more.

What I also found is a very rare case that the host, you’re trying to install on, blocks connections to textpattern.com

#12 2013-07-03 09:50:07

eritropel

thank you uli. I will try this. I’ve not thought about a corrupt txp repository…

Board footer