Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-01-11 16:52:47

vineonardo
Website

How do I use Facebook connect with Textpattern?

Hello, I’m working on a website which uses basic profile registration. It’d really help to have Facebook connect to make registration process easier. I wanted to know few things:
  1. Will I need any kind of Facebook API/authorization?
  2. How will I manage the profile data received from Facebook using textpattern?

Thanks for your time.

#2 2013-01-18 02:08:16

whaleen
Website

Re: How do I use Facebook connect with Textpattern?

You’ve mentioned in another thread that you are not a PHP guy. I’m not either, but if I was I’d build a plugin with hybridauth. I’ve got a lot ideas on how that should look but not on how to build it. I’ve tried. I’ve got $100.00 USD for a pitch-in if we can find a knowledgable PHP person to whip it up.

Maybe you and I can dig through the forums and round up the others who have expressed interest in a 3rd party registration/login integration. Do you have some cash to throw at it? I don’t know how much time the Core Devs have right now for taking paid side projects but we could talk to them or some of the other active plugin developers and see what they think.

Any Devs reading this – would you be so kind as to take a look at hybridauth? Is it feasible?

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

Board footer