Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-09-25 17:47:48

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

Internal error and no feedback on admin side

I’m trying to figure out what I might have done to have this happen, but I can not figure out what I did. I’m a ton of error alert messages written to the head of every page with no feedback on the admin side.

<script type=“text/javascript”>
<!—
window.alert(“Internal error.\n”)
// —>
</script>

THIS repeated over and over in the head.

I can’t get this to go away even turning all plugins off. I’m running TXP 4.5.1 on wamp running php 5.4.4. The only thing I can do to make the alerts stop is to switch to live, which really only masks the problem.

Last edited by ecklesroad (2012-09-25 18:14:05)

#2 2012-09-25 18:05:42

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Internal error and no feedback on admin side

I take that you mean 4.5.1.

Do your diagnostics reveal anything?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2012-09-25 18:13:52

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

colak wrote:

I take that you mean 4.5.1.

Do your diagnostics reveal anything?

Yep, sorry 4.5.1….. diagnostics didn’t throw anything that looked suspicious. I can get an error to trigger intentionally. What should I be looking for in the diagnostics?

I figured it out but I had to hack the adminErrorHandler() function to actually see what was going on. Carry on!

Last edited by ecklesroad (2012-09-25 19:22:12)

#4 2012-09-26 04:55:22

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Care to share your problem/solution for others to learn, and us to craft better error messages?

#5 2012-09-26 20:05:16

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

sure wet.

I’m working on a combined member system with TXP as the front end / admin and CodeIgniter for heavy lifting. There’s a few parts of the TXP admin side that I’ve had to hook into to make the connections work (through a plug i wrote for this site) and that’s where I ran into the debug problem. I had a bug on the CI side that when I loaded up textpattern the only thing I got for errors was the “Internal error”. It wasn’t until went into adminErrorHandler() and copied the line echo '<pre>'.gTxt('internal_error').' "'.$errstr.'"'.n."in $errfile at line $errline".'</pre>'; to the top of that function I could see what the issue was. Looking at that error handling function, there are several if and elses that I was not meeting apparently to see my errors.

I’d think that if i’m in debug mode, every error and debug message should be spit to the screen no matter what. Or at the very least there be some sort of error log internally to look at and see what might be going on. I might actually add CI’s error function to adminErrorHandler() if this continues to be a problem.

Board footer