Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-02-26 17:12:15

Mr. Smith

Could not upgrade from 4.0.5 to 4.4.1

Hi guys

The other day I tried upgrading a site from 4.0.5 to 4.4.1 but I ran into a challenge.

After upgrading the necessary files the site’s design was shown succesfully, but none of the articles/content was shown at all. When I tried logging into Textpattern it kept asking me for username and password as if it could not detect that I had already typed the data several times.

If there was a database problem, the site’s design (html and css) would not show, would it?

Any ideas?

Textpattern n00b

#2 2012-02-26 19:40:42

els

Re: Could not upgrade from 4.0.5 to 4.4.1

Mr. Smith wrote:

When I tried logging into Textpattern it kept asking me for username and password as if it could not detect that I had already typed the data several times.

You can try if resetting your password helps.

If there was a database problem, the site’s design (html and css) would not show, would it?

Articles, pages and styles are in different tables. While you are in phpMyAdmin, check if the ‘textpattern’ table (where the articles are stored) exists, has entries, needs repair…

#3 2012-02-26 19:57:19

Mr. Smith

Thank you, Els.

I’ll give it another try and check the database afterwards!

Textpattern n00b

#4 2012-02-27 19:29:45

Mr. Smith

I don’t get it.

I tried upgrading again according to the “Upgrading to a new version”-tutorial.

When I go to domain.com/textpattern I get the following lines:

Warning: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’ select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name=’‘ in /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined variable: language in /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/index.php on line 65

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php on line 214

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php on line 215

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 50

The site’s frontpage is shown without any content from articles. I cannot acces any of the pages other than the frontpage.

Does anybody have a clue as to what I have done wrong?

Textpattern n00b

#5 2012-02-27 20:57:12

els

Mr. Smith wrote:

Warning: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’ select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name=’‘ in /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

This should not be a problem, see here.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by…

Here is a post about a similar problem, maybe it helps you.

Notice: Undefined variable: language in /var/www/domain.com/public_html/textpattern/index.php on line 65

Have a look at this thread.

#6 2012-02-28 07:53:05

Mr. Smith

Yes, now everything looks fine again. I found an advice in the first thread you link to, saying that it might help to click the diagnostics tab in Textpattern – and everything fell into place by this simple procedure.

Thank you very much, Els!

I rarely do any web design any more, thus I really appreciate the help I always find in here. :-)

Textpattern n00b

Board footer