Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-01-31 22:30:32

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Removal of remaining inline CSS from admin area templates

Although a lot of inline CSS was stripped out of the admin templates during the 4.3.0 release, there are still a few instances left to be dealt with. This makes it difficult for admin theme authors to redesign the back end without having to resort to !important rules and hacky, hard to maintain code.

I can therefore systematically work through the codebase and remove this unnecessary CSS, whilst adding any external CSS if needed to the 2 themes that ship with the default install (classic and remora). I don’t use subversion at all any more so I am willing to do this with Github – the devs would have to reproduce the changes in SVN unless a better idea is forthcoming.

For example, this commit

Last edited by philwareham (2012-01-31 22:31:02)

#2 2012-01-31 22:41:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Removal of remaining inline CSS from admin area templates

philwareham wrote:

For example, this commit

Great stuff. If git/github can squirt out a unified diff I can work with that to apply patches to SVN. Never used it in anger so I don’t know of its capabilities but I’d be surprised if it couldn’t output a diff.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2012-01-31 23:08:12

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Bloke wrote:

If git/github can squirt out a unified diff I can work with that to apply patches to SVN. Never used it in anger so I don’t know of its capabilities but I’d be surprised if it couldn’t output a diff.

I know at the very least Github can show the changes between a range of commits, like so

I’d imagine there are other methods to compare code changes too.

OK, I’ll forge ahead with stripping the inline CSS as and when I get spare moments.

#4 2012-02-01 00:11:09

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Bloke wrote:

Great stuff. If git/github can squirt out a unified diff I can work with that to apply patches to SVN. Never used it in anger so I don’t know of its capabilities but I’d be surprised if it couldn’t output a diff.

There is git diff command, and shorthand show

git diff OldCommit NewCommit

If you are on Linux or Mac, you can also use the diff console application with u flag.

diff -u /path/to/old /path/to/new > /save/results/diff-to.patch

Last edited by Gocom (2012-02-01 00:12:13)

Board footer