Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-03-11 17:57:52

GGSuper3
Website

Please Help install problem! 2 sites running on textpattern already!

Hi everyone. I have two sites up and running with the Textpattern cms (my personal site www.grantgibson.ca based on Kevin Potts template, which is lovely) and love it! I am doing a new install for a new client and have had the following happen…
First I created a sql database with all permissions for it to link to, then,
1- I put the new textpattern files, etc into the main root site
2- I go to through the install process, by starting at the first textpatttern install page(language)
3- I put in the config data asked for
4- I place the data into config.php and place it into the textpattern folder.
5- I click ‘done’ and a BLANK screen comes up and will not take me any further. This has happened on several attempts.
6- I un-installed textpattern and did a clean install.

Went through the same process only to have it bring the blank screen at the same point in the process.

Can someone HELP? What am I doing wrong? I have another client wanting my services for a new site and I want to use textpattern for it also.

Any all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Grant Gibson
gg@grantgibson.ca

‘A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold on plates of silver’

#2 2011-03-11 23:19:05

maruchan
Website

Re: Please Help install problem! 2 sites running on textpattern already!

My question would be: What is the exact process (name of software used, etc.) you’re using to create that config file?

#3 2011-03-12 00:39:17

uli

I think Marc is on the right track: The config file must be plain text. But I remember I had problems even with plain text files for the kind of line feed and/or character encoding BBEdit was set to, until I altered my prefs to save as Unix LF and UTF-8 no BOM.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2011-03-12 05:44:37

GGSuper3
Website

Thanks for the reply. I am using HTMLPAD2010 and naming it config.php. I am inserting the info from here;
‘Before you proceed, Create a file called config.php in the /textpattern/ directory and paste the following inside:’
Next I click ‘I did it’…then comes the blank screen. I’ll keep working on it and update progress! Thanks so far…GG

#5 2011-03-12 06:18:55

GGSuper3
Website

Update on my site…I reinstalled library folder and did setup process again and voila…I completed the setup process and it’s up and running. Pardin the pun but ‘go figure!’ Thanks for your help and ideas. Ya gotta love txp.
GG

Last edited by GGSuper3 (2011-03-12 06:19:58)

Board footer