Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-01-26 03:46:14

rathersplendid
Plugin Author
Website

Theme creation help needed

I am creating a new admin theme for 4.2.0+ and have run into quite a major stumbling block.. I have changed the background colour of the main admin area to a dark grey and am unable to modify the entire Extensions section properly due to the fact that each extension page for each plugin names the page id uniquely to that plugin; I would have to create a CSS rule that has every known plugin just to cater to this problem which is not an option – OR – use php/js to edit the page and create a page class of extensions for every extension page; can this be done?

Does anyone have any idea how I can bypass this so i’m able to use CSS to modify the style of the extensions pages?

I’m sure I haven’t explained this properly so please ask away if you don’t understand. Also, I will be releasing this theme for free once its finished BTW.

Cheers

Admin Themes Prometheus | Stung | <txp:coder/
My Portfolio | ɹǝpuɐz.com | @MrMartineau
<txp:coder /> – Convert your designs into Textpattern-based websites
jQuery Style | @jquerystyle

#2 2010-01-26 06:46:12

smdnetau
Website

Re: Theme creation help needed

I know each page in the admin applies a unique ID to the body, so wouldn’t styling that element override everything?

Regards
Martin

#3 2010-01-26 07:12:41

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

rathersplendid wrote:

Does anyone have any idea how I can bypass this so i’m able to use CSS to modify the style of the extensions pages?

Every page’s body level needs to be styled differently? From CSS (or/and Jquery) comes :not selector:

body:not(#page-article, #page-list, #page-image[, ...]) {
	/*
		Styles for non core
	*/
}

#4 2010-01-26 11:08:23

rathersplendid
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks guys, but I may have found an even simpler fix. I basically needed to change the background colour of the main content area as I changed the background colour surrounding it to a dark grey. I created a 952px x 1px white image that tiles north-south and is the background of the body element (I had to offset it slightly so the #masthead had the correct background.

If you wanna see how it looks so far, I have posted a pic on Flickr http://flic.kr/p/7yxBxS

I would love to know what you think.

Last edited by rathersplendid (2010-01-26 11:08:48)

Admin Themes Prometheus | Stung | <txp:coder/
My Portfolio | ɹǝpuɐz.com | @MrMartineau
<txp:coder /> – Convert your designs into Textpattern-based websites
jQuery Style | @jquerystyle

Board footer