Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#71 2010-02-20 12:44:09

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: bot_admin_tooltips

Hi Jan,
unfortunately I can’t be of much help here.
Althought I can’t experience this issue, It has to do with the jquery code (as you know this plugin uses qtips). IIRC similar problems were pointed out in the qtips forum.
Anyway, have you tried to change some settings and see if the issue persists? what happens if you set “Show tip on hover”?
Another thing you can try is to change the plugins load order.
If I have a better idea I’ll let you know.

Edit:
I forgot to say a new version of qtips should be out soon. This probably will solve your problem.
When the new version will be out I’ll update bot_admin_tooltips.

Edit2:
Have a look a this qtips forum post, maybe can help

Last edited by redbot (2010-02-20 13:04:31)

#72 2010-02-20 16:54:10

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Hmmm I don’t understand that line of Jquery? shouldn’t he be passing in a map of css properties —since he’s using .css({}) — in that method? I can’t get his fixes through the YUI compressor. Meh, It’s no big deal, I’ll just wait for the new version.

I did try enabling hover BTW. bot_wtc is seriously sweet.
Thanks!

Last edited by JanDW (2010-02-20 16:56:38)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#73 2010-06-04 20:17:39

th3lonius
Website

This looks like a great plugin (I’m already a huge fan of bot_wtc) but it isn’t working for me. I uploaded the qtips file to the default “/js/” directory and I’ve installed the plugin per usual. I can customize everything under Extensions just fine. In fact I’ve written five tooltips already, but none of them show up whether the hover option is ticked or not. Any ideas?

#74 2010-06-08 15:09:27

redbot
Plugin Author

th3lonius wrote:

…Any ideas?

Hi Matthew,
sorry if I didn’t answer before, I completely missed your post.
I need a few infos to understand where the problem is.
1) which txp and jquery version are you using?
2) does the plugin output jquery code in the ‘write’ tab? (just examine the page html and search for ‘qtip’ )

#75 2010-06-09 01:04:17

th3lonius
Website

1) Latest txp (4.2.0) and I believe it’s the latest jQuery as well. I am using a gzipped jQuery file if that makes any difference.

2) Definitely. In fact I can see the tooltips I’ve written in the page source for the “write” tab.

#76 2010-06-09 10:06:52

redbot
Plugin Author

th3lonius wrote:

…Definitely. In fact I can see the tooltips I’ve written in the page source for the “write” tab.

Puzzling… if the js is in the page source then I can think of only two possibilities:

1) There is a problem with the path to the qtips plugin (but it doesn’t seem to be the case)
2) You have hak_tinymce installed and are triyng to set tooltips under the advanced options in the “write” tab.
From the plugins help: This plugin has been tested to work without conflicts with many other plugins but seems to have a slight incompatibility with hak_titnymce. If you set “Show editor toggle:” to “yes” in its preferences then tooltips won’t show up under the “advanced” section of the “write” tab – all the rest will work ok though.

If none is true try to change the plugin loading order and see if it changes something.

A last question: isn’t this working in every tab or only in the “write” tab?

#77 2010-06-09 18:06:25

th3lonius
Website

1) Path to js should be “../js/” by default correct? I’ve placed the qtips file in my textpattern “js” directory so it should be fine.
2) I don’t have that plugin.

I changed the order to “1”, but that only bungled my field order (from bot_wtc) in the “write” tab.

I can only see qtips and the tooltips I’ve written in the page source for the “write” tab and none other.

EDIT: Maybe it’s worth mentioning that the admin-side theme I’m using is “Slim Orange”? That hasn’t given me a problem with anything else and seems unlikely but who knows.

Last edited by th3lonius (2010-06-09 18:08:16)

#78 2010-06-09 18:55:00

redbot
Plugin Author

th3lonius wrote:

1) Path to js should be “../js/” by default correct? I’ve placed the qtips file in my textpattern “js” directory so it should be fine.

Ok. Just to be ultra-secure the js directory must be in the same level as ‘images’ and ‘files’.

EDIT: Maybe it’s worth mentioning that the admin-side theme I’m using is “Slim Orange”? That hasn’t given me a problem with anything else and seems unlikely but who knows.

Yes. It seems very unlikely… I don’t know… as I’ll have some free time all try to install it and see (or – if you feel brave enough – you can try to set temporarily the ‘classic’ theme from advanced preferences (is the tenth item from top).

#79 2010-06-09 21:48:37

th3lonius
Website

I’ve figured it out, redbot. I completely forgot that I access my textpattern backend with a subdomain, so the path to the qtip file is incorrect. How could I remedy this, aside from no longer using the subdomain?

My website is “www.cinelogue.com” and the backend is “admin.cinelogue.com” which of course points to “/textpattern”.

Last edited by th3lonius (2010-06-09 21:50:05)

#80 2010-06-09 23:09:43

redbot
Plugin Author

th3lonius wrote:

I’ve figured it out, redbot. I completely forgot that I access my textpattern backend with a subdomain, so the path to the qtip file is incorrect. How could I remedy this, aside from no longer using the subdomain?
My website is “www.cinelogue.com” and the backend is “admin.cinelogue.com” which of course points to “/textpattern”.

Phew! at least we found the cause.
I’m not sure I understood well but can’t you create a directory (i.e. ‘js’) right in the textpattern directory (on the same level as ‘include’, ‘lang’, ‘lib’ etc.)?
Of course in this case you’ll want to set the path to ‘js’ and not ‘../js’

Last edited by redbot (2010-06-09 23:13:45)

Board footer