Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-08-01 12:34:47

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Fieldset / Legend

With 4.2.0 due and the ability to theme the admin I’ve been looking at some of the forms within TXP that don’t have a fieldset / legend available to display or not with CSS. I think fieldsets are an excellent way of showing that a number of fields are related to each other and a legend can explain what that relationship is.

In particular I think that the “create new link” block at the top of the Links page could use one.

On the User page the “create new user” block could do with one. This could be particularly confusing to a new user as the title for the page is “Edit User” and that first block is actually to create a new user unless you have clicked on the “edit” button. This one may be a problem as it could do with having different legends dependent on what you are actually looking at but I have the feeling it is the same form for both. I’m sure you will let me know.

Also there are a couple of empty “td” blocks on the Language page. When I say empty they contain a “ ”. These could do with the “noline” class adding to them.

Finally, for now ;) at any rate, the “show spam” checkbox on the Comments page really needs to line up underneath the “show detail” checkbox. Unfortunately the “show detail” checkbox sits inside a contracting / expanding table so it moves, which is a bit of a bugger because the “show spam” checkbox is outside the table and is thus fixed. Could do with wrapping the whole thing with another table methinks.

EDIT

I knew I’d find something else. Is there any possibility of wrapping the XHTML and Preview tabs output in a div with a class or id? That way some CSS could be aimed at it to at least make it look presentable. At the moment both outputs simply sit inside the column which means any CSS affects the main Write page layout as well.

Last edited by thebombsite (2009-08-02 10:58:51)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer