Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2009-06-03 14:56:18

alexandra
Website

Re: [contrib] Looking for a community-picked Textpattern admin theme

Have searched for some screenshots of Remora but couldnt find any .. where are they?

#32 2009-06-03 18:59:42

thebombsite
Plugin Author
Website

I don’t think there are any at the moment Alex. Of course you get to see it in all it’s glory if you have an SVN version of Textpattern running, or you could just wait until 4.0.9 is released.

Stuart – The BombsiteProText ThemesTextgarden

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#33 2009-06-03 19:26:14

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

alexandra wrote:

Have searched for some screenshots of Remora but couldnt find any .. where are they?

Here’s a peak at Remora from a local install of the development version (click for bigger view):

This shot shows the hover state of the “Presentation” menu, which ordinarily looks like the other navigation items. Very clean.

#34 2009-06-03 19:37:41

Bloke
Developer
Website

johnstephens wrote:

Here’s a peak at Remora

just don’t look from IE6 :-D

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#35 2009-06-04 04:38:26

alexandra
Website

Hi all, thanks :) for the screenshot…

Do you intend to use (some more) AJAX? F. e. a subpages like “sections” + “admin” could be opend in a litebox layer…

#36 2009-06-04 06:21:56

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote:

just don’t look from IE6 :-D

I made a few tests and came up with a few lines of extra CSS to use in my themes that extend Remora — seems to make IE6 more usable without breaking anything in other browsers.

#37 2009-06-09 21:23:13

Bloke
Developer
Website

For anybody that wants to play at admin side themes without having to do it manually, you could do worse than try smd_admin_themes. It’s a pre-release copy, available from my beta plugin page but has been fairly well tested so is stable enough to drive without it piling into the central reservation of its own accord. Hopefully it will inspire you to create something cool for the prestigious place of your name and theme in the 4.0.9 core.

The plugin will allow you to import/export themes from the plugin’s tab, edit files and upload images all from within the admin side so you can see your changes take effect reasonably on-the-fly. And of course you can switch themes ad nauseum. When using this on a multi-user site, you can also choose a subset of themes that other (non-admin) users can access, force a particular theme on everyone, or force one theme per privilege group.

These (very large — the zipped plugin is recommended) code shenanigans employ some of the exceptionally cool new features in the upcoming release so the plugin requires a very recent SVN copy of TXP to work. Currently r3214 or greater. I’ll open up a new thread soon for people to report the success or otherwise of the plugin so we don’t clog up the airwaves here. In the meantime drop me a mail if you need help that is not covered in the docs or find something behaves badly.

Go play :-)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#38 2009-06-11 22:00:53

beztak
Website

I made admin theme for my clients, so I just have to sit down and take a look at it and make it suitable for TXP 4.0.9. Hope I didn’t miss a deadline.

#39 2009-06-12 00:32:23

mrdale
Website

Stef> That plugin is brill..

When I try and edit a theme though, it barks at me…

Notice: Use of undefined constant GLOB_BRACE - assumed 'GLOB_BRACE' in /path/to/TLD/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(580) : eval()'d code on line 364
Warning: glob() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /path/to/TLD/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(580) : eval()'d code on line 364
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /path/to/TLD/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(580) : eval()'d code on line 366

OOps, sorry to clog

Last edited by mrdale (2009-06-12 00:33:07)

#40 2009-06-12 05:08:57

maverick
Website

Bloke

I have three additional themes installed so far (Bit of Blue, Hicks, & Seagloss by Nemoorange). So far, so good, with single theme across the site and export. Will play around more as I get time.

Thanks for great work!

Mike

Board footer