Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-05-09 09:41:57

Gocom
Developer
Registered: 2006-07-14
Posts: 4,475
Website

rah_external_output

  • Outputs external content-type snippets.
  • Admin-interface under Extensions for creating and managing code snippets.

More info and downloads


Rah-plugins | What? I’m a little confused… again :-) <txp:is_god />

Offline

#2 2009-05-09 14:42:15

colak
Admin
From: Cyprus
Registered: 2004-11-20
Posts: 4,956
Website

Re: rah_external_output

Hi Jukka.

this looks that it might be what I was looking for.

can you please explain further what you mean when you say “Create and set content-types for the code snippets”?

>Edit.

Also It seems that it does not parse txp and plugin tags. I’m not sure if it is supposed to.

Last edited by colak (2009-05-09 14:54:57)


Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | neme-imca.org | hblack.net | LABS

Offline

#3 2009-05-09 15:22:36

Gocom
Developer
Registered: 2006-07-14
Posts: 4,475
Website

Re: rah_external_output

colak wrote:

Also It seems that it does not parse txp and plugin tags. I’m not sure if it is supposed to.

Thank you for reporting a bug. Forgot to add parsing there. Version 0.2 released. Changelog:

  • Fixed forgotten parse call.

More info and downloads

colak wrote:

can you please explain further what you mean when you say “Create and set content-types for the code snippets”?

That the user can create predefined content-types and arrange them to the output snippets – whatever content-type you want. The way user uses it, is up to user.

For example I use content-type and the external feature to manage Firefox skins, sidebars and UIs that are located on central server.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-05-09 15:32:37)


Rah-plugins | What? I’m a little confused… again :-) <txp:is_god />

Offline

#4 2009-05-09 15:29:32

colak
Admin
From: Cyprus
Registered: 2004-11-20
Posts: 4,956
Website

Re: rah_external_output

Hi Jukka,
Downloaded and installed but I get the following errors when viewing the url generated by the snippet.

A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 557
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 557
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 557
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 1
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | neme-imca.org | hblack.net | LABS

Offline

#5 2009-05-09 15:32:40

colak
Admin
From: Cyprus
Registered: 2004-11-20
Posts: 4,956
Website

Re: rah_external_output

Gocom wrote:

That the user can create predefined content-types and arrange them to the output snippets – whatever content-type you want. The way user uses it, is up to user.

So this can be left blank:)


Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | neme-imca.org | hblack.net | LABS

Offline

#6 2009-05-09 15:45:14

Gocom
Developer
Registered: 2006-07-14
Posts: 4,475
Website

Re: rah_external_output

colak wrote:

Hi Jukka,
Downloaded and installed but I get the following errors when viewing the url generated by the snippet.

Works fine for me on four different servers. Be sure that the plugin is installed correctly and you are using non-special chars in the snippet name. Fcgi is not recommended because of the headers. So:

  1. Uninstall ( rah_uninstaller )
  2. Reinstall
  3. If doesn’t help, provide the input of your script and server setup (php mod/fcgi, mysql).

So this can be left blank:)

Yes, if you want to create content in text/html. You can create predefined content-types in the Arrange content types interface which will turn the field in Snippet creation page into select field.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-05-09 15:52:44)


Rah-plugins | What? I’m a little confused… again :-) <txp:is_god />

Offline

#7 2009-05-09 15:55:21

colak
Admin
From: Cyprus
Registered: 2004-11-20
Posts: 4,956
Website

Re: rah_external_output

Works fine for me on four different servers. Be sure that the plugin is installed correctly and you are using non-special chars in the snippet name. Fcgi is not recommended because of the headers.

i’ve sent you an email.

If you need access to the back end to check it out let me know:)


Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | neme-imca.org | hblack.net | LABS

Offline

#8 2009-05-09 16:10:46

Gocom
Developer
Registered: 2006-07-14
Posts: 4,475
Website

Re: rah_external_output

colak wrote:

i’ve sent you an email.

If you need access to the back end to check it out let me know:)

Answered it :)


Rah-plugins | What? I’m a little confused… again :-) <txp:is_god />

Offline

#9 2009-05-09 17:11:41

mrdale
Moderator
From: Walla Walla
Registered: 2004-11-19
Posts: 2,059
Website

Re: rah_external_output

Sorry to be dense… but I’m not sure I understand what this plugin does… is it like outputting a form? Could you give a more detailed usage scenario?

Offline

#10 2009-05-09 17:22:19

Gocom
Developer
Registered: 2006-07-14
Posts: 4,475
Website

Re: rah_external_output

mrdale wrote:

Sorry to be dense… but I’m not sure I understand what this plugin does… is it like outputting a form? Could you give a more detailed usage scenario?

No, it doesn’t output a form. As I earlier said in this topic:

For example I use content-type and the external feature to manage Firefox skins, sidebars and UIs that are located on central server.

So, with it you could generate any content-type page, with out wasting any sections or page templates. For example a jar file, manage Ajax calls or output an sitemap or a Facebook program – any snipet you want. It’s up to the content type and code.

I created the plugins because I needed central server to manage Windows app UIs via web.


Rah-plugins | What? I’m a little confused… again :-) <txp:is_god />

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB