Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-03-06 13:45:07

Krifitze
Website

[textile] Textile and the pre-tag

Hello,

I was very confused about that behaviour of Textile. I wanted to do something like this:

<pre>
<h3>Headline1</h3>

<h3>Headline1</h3>
</pre>

For this I could not use the textile version with “pre. “ because that would end the preformatted area right after the first empty line. But I wanted an empty line in my pre so I used the HTML-tags.

Textile should escape all those brackets to HTML-entities, however it does not if there is an empty line inside. Instead it wraps the two parts with p-tags.

Of course I could use the == notation but then I had to escape every single bracket by myself Not true, same problem with the empty line. So is there a way to do this how it should work or am I just too stupid for using Textile correctly?

Thanks for your upcoming answers ;)

Markus

Last edited by Krifitze (2009-03-06 13:52:31)

#2 2009-03-06 14:15:05

els

Re: [textile] Textile and the pre-tag

You can use pre.. for blocks with blank lines in it (just like bc.. and bq..). You’ll have to start the next paragraph with p. again to escape it.

#3 2009-03-06 14:38:29

Krifitze
Website

Ah, cool it works.
I searched for a very long time in the documentation but I did not assume that it may be helpful to just have a look at »Extended blocks«.

Thank you.

#4 2009-03-06 16:00:40

nemoorange
Plugin Author
Website

Thank you! And here I was going to bad mouth Textile for not being able handle empty lines in code blocks.

Txp admin themes | dropshado.ws – a blog for design noobs like me

Board footer