Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-01-27 09:47:09

Destry
Website

Versions, Syncro, Cornerstone (svn clients for Mac)

Anyone using any of these and have feelings about them? (Or others?)

I’ve tried svnX and don’t much care for it. Since then I’ve been using the command-line as much as possible, and I haven’t thought to look for new clients in a while.

Admittedly, I’m not very speedy with the Terminal (seems I spend more time looking for code references to copy/paste than I do just whipping through my tasks, it’s kind of frustrating) and if a good app can make me more productive, I’ll take it, and pay for it!

#2 2009-01-27 09:57:33

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Versions, Syncro, Cornerstone (svn clients for Mac)

I use versions in conjunction with changes for diff (liked araxis merge too but too expensive) as Versions doesn’t have a built-in file-diff window. It will use FileMerge if you install the developer tools from the Apple CD, but it is fairly limited. Versions is certainly very simple to use. I mostly use it to keep track of svn repositories online but have been meaning to investigate a more streamlined own setup (e.g. ultimate web dev setup). I remember seeing some detailed comparisons of cornerstone vs. versions (including one that sided for versions first, then later cornerstone after updates) which google will provide you with.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2009-01-27 10:06:07

Destry
Website

Re: Versions, Syncro, Cornerstone (svn clients for Mac)

Cool. Thanks Jakob.

Board footer