Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-01-05 22:38:39

els

Re: Will someone help me build an art portfolio page please?

Bloke wrote:

Yes. Subject is “Me”.

If you haven’t got it, check your junk mail folder. My e-mail has a habit of popping up there because I spout , ummm, junk I guess.

Sorry to barge in like this, but I think it’s your email address (the part before the @) that causes it, Stef. You’re landing in my spam folder more often than not, even after I repeatedly told gmail that you’re OK ;)

#14 2009-01-05 23:15:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Els wrote:

Sorry to barge in like this, but I think it’s your email address (the part before the @) that causes it, Stef.

OT: Ordinarily I’d agree — it was a stupid thing to use as an e-mail address *sigh*. But I used a different account this time; one of my (ahem sixty-odd) hotmail accounts. Mind you, hotmail as a system sucks since they forced spam filters on everyone. Can’t turn the damn things off and I’m convinced a fair proportion of legit e-mail gets ditched even on “low” (as Nancy has also found with her hoster). Down with server-side filtering! Let me decide what’s spam.

Nancy

I’m trying to get a Yahoo account but can’t read their bloody CAPTCHAs! I keep hitting refresh in the vain hope I can discern every letter, but they all run into one another and there’s always at least one pair of letters that looks like a squashed badger. Can’t find the squashed badger key on my keyboard…

I’ll keep trying. Perhaps they’re trying to tell me I’m too much like a robot/computer because I can’t read the captcha?!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2009-01-05 23:26:37

lovesangel
Website

I have a hotmail account. And since you have a hotmail account why don’t we just use msn chat, which uses hotmail addresses?

Mine is lovesangelawaits@hotmail.com. I’m online with either/both yahoo or msn.

I hear ya about the sign up code thing!

Try this. It’s the msn download link. http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

nancy
P.S. I hope and pray that this textpattern stuff is easier than our communication has been!

#16 2009-01-05 23:38:10

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

lovesangel wrote:

I’m online with either/both yahoo or msn.

I’ve added both accounts of yours and it claims you’re currently offline :-s

A hunk of my other friends are online so the app’s working I think. I tried both MSN Messenger and my usually multi-IM client in case there was something wrong. Both claim you’re offline. Crazy. Do you have to confirm my buddy request or something? Or has it not even been sent? Damn stupid unworking software… I’ve just got MSN messenger on now.

P.S. I hope and pray that this textpattern stuff is easier than our communication has been!

lol, it will be: Yahoo and Micro$oft have got nothing to do with TXP, thank goodness:-D

Last edited by Bloke (2009-01-05 23:53:26)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#17 2009-01-06 00:37:35

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

I’m suprised you don’t already have a yahoo account. If you have a flickr account you have a yahoo account.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#18 2009-01-06 01:18:21

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

MattD wrote:

I’m suprised you don’t already have a yahoo account. If you have a flickr account you have a yahoo account.

Actually, I think I do; I think I set a few up, like, a billion years ago and forgot the credentials. But I didn’t know that yahoo and flickr were related.

I eventually managed to make one. Man that was the hardest CAPTCHA I’ve ever encountered. No wonder nobody uses Yahoo, it’s too damn tricky to make an account ;-D

Last edited by Bloke (2009-01-06 02:08:20)

Board footer