Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-12-09 20:00:12

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Could we integrate TextBook in the Dreamweaver Reference Panel?

After entering the textpattern tags into a dreamweaver tag library I’m now looking into the possibility of integrating textbook with the dreamweaver reference panel. It would allow to e.g. have your cursor on a tag, press shift+F1 and see the relevant textbook page on the reference panel. As the french would say: “Oh la la!”

Unfortunately, I can’t find too much information on how to go about this, not on even on Adobe Livedocs Extending Dreamweaver In fact, as far as I can see it makes no mention of it.

Thus far I know this:

• I can add books in %appdata%\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\Content\Reference* (on XP using CS3)
  • a Reference.xml file lists all the tags, looking like this (here just the listing the txp:article tag and id attribute)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
<book name="Textpattern tag reference" language="Textpatternese">
	<topic_title name="Tag"/>
	<subtopic_title name="Attribute"/>
	<default location="default.html"/>
<topic name="txp:article" location="article.html" id="Description">
<subtopic name="id" id="id"/>
	</topic>
</book>
  • The relevant textbook page would then need to go into an HTML file (txp:article —> article.html)

So… looks like a simple enough idea… for.… a coder. :-)

Would it might be difficult to export the textbook pages (they’d need new classes and id attributes)?
Maybe a Dreamweaver user/bonafide coder can shed any light on this, or tell me it’s a waste of time?

On behalf of the people of greater Moldavia, I salute you,

Jan

Last edited by JanDW (2008-12-09 20:03:07)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#2 2008-12-10 01:04:41

rsilletti

Re: Could we integrate TextBook in the Dreamweaver Reference Panel?

I have been keeping a set of static files as transition notes for version 4.0.7. I used php as the extension rather than html, one file for each tag as in article.php and article_custom.php. If a copy of those files would save you some time your welcome to them, they are correct and complete up to 4.0.7

#3 2008-12-10 02:29:43

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

I would like to have a look at them.
You can find my email on my website or I’d happily download them from somewhere.
Thanks, Rick.

edit. Is it possible to pm on this forum?

Last edited by JanDW (2008-12-10 02:31:15)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#4 2008-12-14 21:25:05

rsilletti

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Found myself traveling unexpectedly, also lost a computer to the weather in the process upon which resided the notes I spoke of. Unless I can revive the broken machine the notes are lost with it – sorry.

#5 2008-12-14 21:49:04

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Lost a computer to the weather ? Wow I had never heared of extreme computing before. :-S
No problem. The whole idea was isn’t very important, I hope you didn’t loose any valuable data.
Not sure what problems you’re having with the hard drive, but there is a tool called spinrite that’s pretty good for HDD recovery. Perhaps you know it already.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Last edited by JanDW (2008-12-14 21:51:47)

Board footer