Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-11-06 09:45:05

Destry
Website

Fireworks cs4, localization?

I’m in the market for Fireworks CS4. I’ve used older versions on work machines and you could localize the app by adding a text file or something to a directory somewhere. For example my work license version was French, but I could localize the app to English (more comfortable for me) using this method.

I don’t know if this is possible in CS4, or if you are now required to buy the lang version you need. Anyone know?

The reason this is important is because I live in France but want an English version. Adobe’s site is quite restrictive about how you can order things depending on your geography. I don’t want to order a license online from the French location if I’m forced to use a language in the interface I’d rather not.

#2 2008-11-06 11:25:31

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Fireworks cs4, localization?

I have the CS4 beta, and it doesn’t seem to be possible to change. But your best bet is to download the trial once it’s available and try it there, I guess.
Another workaround, if possible, is to buy through another vendor. I live in Sweden but also prefer an english version, so I ended up ordering Adobe software through amazon.ca

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#3 2008-11-06 12:01:50

Destry
Website

Re: Fireworks cs4, localization?

Thanks, Kemie. I pretty sure they’ve stopped the localization workaround and now sell it as a fixed language app only. My problem now is trying to get an English lang version with a French address. Stupid sales system.

I’ve just stumbled upon this thread, FW CS4 – BIG problems with text-engine!, which is a bit discouraging. If you read through it you see the Adobe engineers suggesting it’s a problem related to having used the beta version to create files, though not entirely. Anyway, something you might want to be aware of if you ever upgrade.

Last edited by Destry (2008-11-06 12:02:33)

Board footer