Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-07-17 02:20:49

zem
Developer Emeritus

[plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_popup_cat

<code><txp:zem_popup_cat /></code> creates a popup/dropdown list similar to <code><txp:popup type=“c” /></code>, except it works in a context sensitive manner. On a section page, only categories which contain active articles from the current section will be included. On the front page, only categories which contain active articles will be included in the list.

Supported attributes:

• section – Include only categories associated with the specified section. The form will jump to that section when the user selects an item. section=”“ will show categories from all sections, almost exactly like txp:popup.
  • default – Display this name in the list as the default (empty) selection
  • label, wraptag – As per txp:popup

http://vigilant.tv/documents/tp/zem_popup_cat-0.1.txt

I haven’t tested it in messy URL mode, so let me know if there are any issues.

Alex

#2 2004-07-18 13:49:47

zem
Developer Emeritus

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_popup_cat

I just discovered this is very similar to one of the tags in Sencer’s asy_category_tags plugin. There are some minor differences (mine has the default tag, and Sencer’s only shows categories from the current category), but I’m not sure whether it’s worth maintaining this on its own.

Alex

#3 2004-07-18 14:15:49

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

I am sure it is. Different people have different needs, and not everybody knows PHP to make changes themselves.
I keep hoping that a final Version of Textpattern will make quiete a few plugins (including my own) obsolete. :-) In the meantime: The more, the merrier, IMHO.

#4 2005-04-11 20:14:43

slabanosa

> Sencer wrote:

> I am sure it is. Different people have different needs, and not everybody knows PHP to make changes themselves.

well I use both because I need both and they are great: asy category allows me to target all category links to their home section and zem_popup_cat allows me for a dropdown on my home page. it is all perfect until I realize my layout is broken in MSIE (not much but left aligned when it should be centered) I rewrote the css and the page from scratch until I I found this little bit of comment code section_q=AND Section=‘panoramas’ appeared on my rendered page right above the doctype and was causing it all.t Turn zem’s plug off and the layout falls in place.

any hint anyone ?
thanks

Running 1.0rc1 on textdrive

#5 2005-04-14 23:53:01

slabanosa

great plug-in

Last edited by slabanosa (2006-01-10 10:01:30)

#6 2005-10-10 04:07:34

RobJ25

This is an exceptionally useful little plugin: thank you. One minor suggestion (I edited it into my own installation, but it might be useful for others): a master attribute to limit the popup to only master categories?

Anyway, tremendous work. Many thanks.

Last edited by RobJ25 (2005-10-10 04:07:54)

#7 2006-01-10 09:04:48

G. I.

I like this plugin especially because the chance to define the default option’s title. Unfortunately I bumped into a problem: it uses the url-formatted-category-names for both parts of the <code><option></code> instead of the category title with spaces and accented characters inside the option tag. I have one section, default only, and messy URLs. Any idea why this happens? It doesn’t supposed to work with messy URLs?

#8 2006-07-07 19:53:51

Jeff Gill
Website

This plugin works a treat for me. It is exactly what I want! I do have one tiny problem: it only works in my section page. On the default page nothing shows up, not even the popup “bar” (or whatever it is called). At the moment I am using cbs_category_list on my default page, but I would really like to have a popup instead of a list. Can anyone suggest why it may not be working? I do have categories with active articles on the front page.
Thanks.

#9 2006-07-16 18:52:14

Ace of Dubs

It would be killer if you could use this plugin to list articles within a specified category.

Other than that I couldnt be happier

Thanks!

Board footer