Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-10-10 11:32:02

Destry
Website

Re: [wiki] Txp community workgroup activity in TextBook

So you mean once we eliminate the “txp:” discrepancy from page titles, it might be possible to control case-sense for pages on a page-by-page basis for those pages existing prior (and after) implementation of the no-caps config? Nice if so.

#14 2008-10-11 01:15:09

hakjoon
Website

I think so, my understanding is that the no-caps setting essentially makes MW case sensitive. Before [Pagetitle] and [pagetitle] would both produce a page called Pagetitle with no-caps [Pagetitle] will generate Pagetitle still but [pagetitle] will generate pagetitle

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#15 2008-10-12 10:50:01

Destry
Website

hakjoon wrote:

my understanding is that the no-caps setting essentially makes MW case sensitive.

Yes, this I can confirm is true, but it’s not recursive to page titles that existed prior to the implementation of the no-caps config, at least I’m not certain. For example if there had been a page called “little big mouse” before the config (meaning it’s recognized as “Little big mouse”), I’m not sure “little” will actually be recognized as lowercase after the config.

A similar example, after making the config the first time, I created the pages article and article_custom. When we discovered the “txp:” issue and turned the no-caps config off again, those pages converted to Article and Article_custom, respectively. I’m not sure that when re-implementing the config again they will revert back to their original (desired) form. Remains to be seen. At any rate, this is what I thought you were suggesting before, that after implementing the no-caps config you could then edit old page titles (if/as needed) in the DB on a case by case basis if the pages didn’t convert/revert automatically.

Initially it’s not a big deal (what a few pages to recreate…). I think the important thing will be that in the future when we have come to rely on case-sensitivity in the wiki, it never accidentally gets turned off. :)

Last edited by Destry (2008-10-12 11:34:13)

#16 2008-10-12 23:47:51

hakjoon
Website

Yeah I think we should be able to edit them in the DB I tried that originally when the old tag listing was not working anymore, because we had txp:article which became Txp:article. Changing the name didn’t work but I wonder if the name space had something to do with it. I might also have to run refreshall or something for it to take effect.

Last edited by hakjoon (2008-10-12 23:48:40)

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

Board footer