Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-08-03 09:31:11

candyman

How TXP 4.0.7 will be? Template, pages and forms: too much changes?

It will be great, of course, and it will be out when it will be ready, but I’m a bit worried thinkin’ about some changes that may concern the structure of a site. Actually I’m using very useful plugin like sed_section_fields by Netcarver, glz_custom_fields by Gerhard Lazu and hcg_templates by Bert Garcia: is there the chance that some of this plugin will be included in the default TXP 4.0.7 package? Or some new bulit in features may conflict with them?

The problem is this: if the core of the program would change too much some designer may be forced to re-design the whole to use the latest version or remain with the oldest version.

Will the 4.0.7 migration be painless or will chenge some TXP concepts themselves?

Last edited by candyman (2008-08-03 09:31:33)

#2 2008-08-03 09:58:16

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: How TXP 4.0.7 will be? Template, pages and forms: too much changes?

The whole idea behind plugins is that they are NOT included in the default TXP package :)

The migration to 4.0.7 should be painless. I don’t expect things to break, although it’s impossible to give a 100% guarantee. The tag parser is improved, but this only extends it’s capabilities, so the old templates should still work as before. Due to layout changes on the admin side, plugins that depend on a specific layout of admin side tabs might break (several tabs get multi-edit functionality in 4.0.7), but I don’t think affects the plugins you mention.

Board footer