Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-07-11 13:36:54

redbot
Plugin Author

Show section titles instead of names in "write" tab

Hi,
I noticed that – in the “write” tab – the category popup lists category titles (not names) but the sections popup lists section names (not titles).
Is it possible to change it so sections popup also lists titles (instead of names)?
Other than for aestetic reasons it would be useful when using a multilingual site via MLP.

Last edited by redbot (2008-07-11 21:38:03)

#2 2008-07-11 16:57:45

maniqui
Website

Re: Show section titles instead of names in "write" tab

+1

BTW, although net-carver has already rejected it once some time ago, you may like to do some lobby for this feature request. :D

I have already re-requested it, and also, I’ve done my own experiments on using different sections for each rendition of an article.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2008-07-11 18:03:36

redbot
Plugin Author

maniqui wrote:

BTW, although net-carver has already rejected it once some time ago, you may like to do some lobby for this feature request. :D
I have already re-requested it, and also, I’ve done my own experiments on using different sections for each rendition of an article.

Yes maniqui that would be cool but I ‘m talking about a slight different thing.
I’m referring simply to the sections list popup in the “write” tab while you and net-carver are referring to translated section names in urls when using the MLP.
I think the modification I’m asking for will be useful for all txp users (using or not the MLP plugin).
BTW Your “experiments” look very interesting…

Last edited by redbot (2008-07-11 18:08:16)

#4 2008-07-11 18:14:16

maniqui
Website

Hi redbot,

yes, of course, I understood your feature request, and it looks both useful and (hopefully) simple to have it changed in the core. That’s what my “+1” tried to mean.

Then, I just posted about my other (MLP) request because I though it was in the same line as yours, although probably less simplier to be implemented.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#5 2008-07-12 01:07:59

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

I personally don’t want this to the core, as my section titles can be quite long and not explaining the content so goodly :)

But, to make it possible, maybe rah_section_titles-plugin helps ‘cause it does what Redbot seeks ;)

Last edited by Gocom (2008-07-12 01:08:29)

#6 2008-07-12 09:05:31

redbot
Plugin Author

Thanks Jukka!!
Actually I didn’t expect such a fast answer… just when I was about to hack the core.
I will use immediately your plugin in all my txp installations.
Anyway – while I thank you again for your fast response – I dare to say it should go the other way around IMHO, so titles should be the default and you would need a plugin to show names ;)

#7 2010-03-31 17:01:04

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Just want to popup this thread – may be it’s time to add rah_section_titles into core? I don’t understand why categories’ title are better than sections’ at write tab?
This would be one step to user-friendly interface, i think!

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

Board footer