Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-05-11 14:45:25

typeshige
Website

PHP Framework for people who use Txp

I’m trying to adopt a PHP MVC framework to develop the backend of my txp projects. Is there any out there that especially appeal to Txp users? i.e. If Txp was a PHP Framework, which one would it be? (Lightweight, elegant, you know the rest.)

Kohana is on my short list after a quick search, but is it really something to invest time with?

#2 2008-05-11 15:00:38

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: PHP Framework for people who use Txp

I had red some informations about Bannister that was a framework made for textpattern (by alex an ancient txp developper) but havent any new informations about it!

#3 2008-05-11 16:10:29

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

I’m a cakephp proponent.

Last edited by Walker (2008-05-11 16:10:37)

#4 2008-05-12 13:25:14

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

As has been said before, Bannister was something written by Alex for folks that hired him (i.e: something he would implement for them, not a developer tool). It had no documentation (IIRC), was a completely private, non-open source, non-free product. The Txp developers do not have a copy of it, and even if they did, would not have the right to distribute it. Bannister is only in existence on whatever projects were already using it, otherwise consider it non-existent (since Alex is not currently for hire and is working for Automattic). IIRC, when Team Textpattern existed and had access to Bannister, it was never implemented anywhere either.

Zend Framework or eZ Components are two candidates, because they are loosely coupled (you can easily pick out the bits and pieces you want to use).

#5 2008-05-12 17:51:33

typeshige
Website

@Mary and the rest: Thanks!

Mary wrote:

As has been said before, Bannister was something written by Alex for folks that hired him (i.e: something he would implement for them, not a developer tool). It had no documentation (IIRC), was a completely private, non-open source, non-free product. The Txp developers do not have a copy of it, and even if they did, would not have the right to distribute it. Bannister is only in existence on whatever projects were already using it, otherwise consider it non-existent (since Alex is not currently for hire and is working for Automattic). IIRC, when Team Textpattern existed and had access to Bannister, it was never implemented anywhere either.

Zend Framework or eZ Components are two candidates, because they are loosely coupled (you can easily pick out the bits and pieces you want to use).

#6 2008-05-12 19:00:26

Slaktad
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’m currently writing my own framework/CMS influenced by Zend Framework, Magento and Textpattern – I can send you a notice when it’s finished… however it won’t be in the near future for sure :/

#7 2008-05-12 19:22:41

typeshige
Website

There is so many out there, but its interesting to see one being influenced by Txp specifically.

I look forward to hearing more about it someday.

Slaktad wrote:

I’m currently writing my own framework/CMS influenced by Zend Framework, Magento and Textpattern – I can send you a notice when it’s finished… however it won’t be in the near future for sure :/

Board footer