Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-02-13 21:49:55

simsim

Re: [wiki] What is a column?

hakjoon wrote:

Is that what you referring to simsim? I vote those get moved accordingly.
recent_articles -> article related tags
recent_comments -> comment related tags
New section File related tags which gets the file download ones.

Exactly. For example the <txp:related_articles /> tag has the following classification:

The related_articles tag is a Single_Tag which is used to produce a list of permanent links to related articles by title.
Its context is page or column and it provides hyperlinked navigation by article list.

#14 2008-02-13 22:05:38

els

I too have always wondered why the column is always mentioned. A column is not one of TXP’s building blocks, it’s just a part of a page. Everywhere it says ‘the context is page or column’ it should be ‘the context is page or form’ in my opinion.

#15 2008-02-13 22:50:19

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Which I think brings us back to what I said which is that these tags could be used in a sidebar (which is a column) which in most cases would be a form, so yes Els, “page or form” would be more accurate.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#16 2008-02-14 05:51:46

simsim

This all came to my mind because I was trying to use <txp:related_articles /> in a from that is called from inside an individual article but it didn’t work at all, so I thought the term “column” may has a specific meaning that I’m unaware of. I’ll post an independent thread regarding this in the “How Do I” forum.

Thank you all for your input. :)

Gocom wrote:

Legacy? Is textpattern so old? :S Hmm, 4.0.6. is the 6th stable version (4 is actually 1 = 1.0.6.). Oh, yes TXP is quite old in years but not in versions. So I don’t think Textpattern is antique ;)

I meant a term that was used earlier by the community that is no longer used. :) And yes, TXP is not antique. ;)

#17 2008-02-15 01:08:35

rsilletti

column was used originally to describe a sidebar context – obviously misleading in retrospect and it should go away.

Board footer