Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-02-04 05:50:42

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

[wiki] TextBook Migration: Organizational Change Ideas

A place to hash out stuff to change since we’re moving onto something else anyway…

• Don’t have ending spaces/slashes in tag page titles/urls. Example
  • We don’t need 16 different pages of tag listings! I think one page where they are sorted by type, then alphabetical, is plenty. For types: article (including it’s navigational tags), comment, link, file, what else (breadcrumbs, page_title, section, if_different, etc)?
  • Perhaps separate the “manual” bits from the “tutorial” bits? Have a “Manual” and “Recipes” installations?

Last edited by Mary (2008-02-04 06:05:59)

#2 2008-03-13 17:50:29

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: [wiki] TextBook Migration: Organizational Change Ideas

Mary wrote:

A place to hash out stuff to change since we’re moving onto something else anyway…

Don’t have ending spaces/slashes in tag page titles/urls. Example

I can only imagine, that the underscore slash has been put there, so it becomes possible to distinguish single and container tags, judging only from the URL. But the underscore slash isn’t really a good Idea. Would be good a think to strip those.

We don’t need 16 different pages of tag listings! I think one page where they are sorted by type, then alphabetical, is plenty. For types: article (including it’s navigational tags), comment, link, file, what else (breadcrumbs, page_title, section, if_different, etc)?

That is probably true. Looks confusing and doesn’t have any true architectural purpose.

Starting with the article ,file, link, comment and misc , sorting sounds better.
The further distinction of the specific functionality could be managed by some sort of property markers ( Which can be enhanced with CSS and Backgroundimages)

Those could appear on both listings right next to the tag or beneath it in a table fashion.
( Which one is a container tag, which one can be used in a Page or Form or both, etc.)

• Perhaps separate the “manual” bits from the “tutorial” bits? Have a “Manual” and “Recipes” installations?

Can’t wrap my Brain around this yet, I can help a couple of hours here and there, once the installation exists.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#3 2008-03-13 19:57:22

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: [wiki] TextBook Migration: Organizational Change Ideas

Here is what crossed my mind on this subject :

• Somehow for an individual tag page, it’ll be useful to give an additional codeblock, right below the Example code: Will produce the following HTML/XHTML. ( I think that would be much more useful for Users, to understand what each tag is doing, istead of having a repeated statement of: This Tag is a container tag, TXP will replace this tag with, … and so on) This statement, could be given once in some Cross Link Fashion. So you put up somewhere a detailed description about the functional nature of a conditional tag, and also explain it from a programing point of view, that what this can do and what not.)

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2008-03-13 20:01:14)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

Board footer