Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-01-23 05:18:42

mrtunes
Website

[textile] paragraph formatting - does this look familiar?

hmm so my third blog post ended up getting rendered like this in both browsers, the first two didn’t deal with line breaks like this.
the ideal text size is the first and third paragraphs. they have the <p> tag wrapped around them if you inspect them. the larger paragraphs were rendered with no tags:

#2 2008-01-23 08:11:27

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: [textile] paragraph formatting - does this look familiar?

is there a link we can look at? Also did you leave any space at the beginning of your paragraphs?

Last edited by colak (2008-01-23 08:12:23)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2008-01-23 16:51:49

mrtunes
Website

colak wrote:

is there a link we can look at? Also did you leave any space at the beginning of your paragraphs?

yes it’s here
well i guess my site is now live? haha
i really typed in this paragraph very normally. i pressed enter two times after a paragraph was done to make the space, which i did on the other blog posts

#4 2008-01-23 17:03:52

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Are you sure you don’t have a space in front of the larger-text paragraphs?

#5 2008-01-23 17:07:31

mrtunes
Website

jm wrote:

Are you sure you don’t have a space in front of the larger-text paragraphs?

yes i have a space in front of them but only as necessary to break a new paragraph. i just took a space out of the second paragraph, and it removed the line break which i wanted. you can see now the first two paragraphs are consolidated into one.

#6 2008-01-23 17:23:05

jm
Plugin Author
Website

This is how it should look in the write tab:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

another Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

and another Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

A space in front of the paragraph disables Textile.

Last edited by jm (2008-01-23 17:24:49)

#7 2008-01-23 17:27:50

mrtunes
Website

mrtunes wrote:

jm wrote:
p. A space in front of the paragraph disables Textile.

oh wow, i went through and tweaked it more, and i never realized this. this probably explains a lot of random formatting problems i’ve seen in txp! thanks guys

Board footer