Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-11-15 14:26:49

zero
Website

[feedback] Rare and precious

Whilst interviewing Sam, Mary, Yiannis and Rick for TXPQ I have been struck by how devoted they are to what they do! They love what they do and work hard and I feel very privileged to have got to know them a little better. In my offline world I find it hard to recollect many people with similar qualities. Such people are rare. If it wasn’t for Textpattern and the forum, I may never have known them. Aren’t I the lucky one!

Enjoy the new Rick Silletti article :)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#2 2007-11-21 08:24:37

zero
Website

Re: [feedback] Rare and precious

Rick’s answers in the last article were art. To really appreciate them, we have to look at them, absorb them, contemplate them and let them take us with them. Most of us live in a city and in our busy city lives we rush through our day and skim around the internet at lightning speed, often snacking on fast food that we don’t taste and drinking ourselves into a strange whooziness at the end of the day. We miss so much by trying to fit everything in.

But by contemplating ‘simple’, ‘quiet’ and ‘searching for smiles’ we start to see what it might be like in Rick’s world in Yellowstone Park. If we put some time aside and follow the links we discover some of the beauty and perhaps start to yearn for something more natural than our rat race existence.

Destiny, circumstance and the powers-that-be, however, may have other plans for us, so we may never be able to physically get away from urban living. So we learn to enjoy it and discover the magic in the mundane. And in many ways Yiannis Colakides Part II is about that. Be sure to follow the links and poke around at the other end. There are many artistic delights. Helene, for example, who is colak’s partner, is a highly respected and acclaimed artist. You’ll find some real treats on her site. Some of the artists’ works could, imho, become very expensive before long when the collector’s get to know about them.

Hasn’t this forum got the coolest moderators!

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#3 2007-11-28 01:51:24

zero
Website

An East Wind is keeping us cool this week. The latest TXPQ article is about Fen, a TXP user living in China, who loves beautiful songs with beautiful words.

After reading the article some of you may want to read this

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#4 2007-12-04 22:04:21

zero
Website

There are umpteen brands of Cola. Perhaps you’ll be interested in Open Source Cola. There is much criticism of Coca-Cola and its marketing of Cola to kiddies.

So is there a connection to Yiannis Colakides and this week’s article? You may or may not find out in colak part 3

Last edited by zero (2007-12-04 22:42:42)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#5 2007-12-10 21:11:31

zero
Website

It’s wet this week!

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#6 2007-12-17 18:44:53

zero
Website

This week is Part 1 of an interview with Matt McInerney – a very creative and busy young Textpattern lover from Massachusetts working hard and playing hard in Savannah.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#7 2007-12-24 03:22:54

zero
Website

Extra! Extra! Read All About It! TXPQ Scoop!
Exclusive Interview with Santa Claus!

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

Board footer