Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-11-09 16:13:38

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

ftp advise

At NeMe we currently have a series of projects which require us to use a lot of ftp bandwidth next year.
We are not planning to have our site moved from txd nor a new url registered and we do not need txp or any other installation in that space. We just need the ftp.
What we are looking for is a host who:

• can provide cheap hosting for a year
  • can provide lots of daily bandwidth to cope with printing quality 300dpi images and uncompressed videos
  • can provide separate folders for each different ftp users so as to ensure copyright issues and avoid theft

Before we moved to txp we used to use www.powweb.com which seems to offer what we need for this but if anyone in the community has a better suggestion, we have a few days before we make our final decision.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2007-11-09 16:52:06

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Re: ftp advise

Site5 is pretty cheap and reliable. You can create separate FTP accounts too with appropriate permissions.

#3 2007-11-09 16:54:14

zero
Website

I’ve been perfectly satisfied with Orchard and they have an unmetered plan for £5 a month with unlimited bandwidth. Only 1 ftp, however, but the support is excellent and they may be able to sort you out with something. (Unmetered doesn’t support htaccess, btw)

Elsewhere you could check out Hostgator

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#4 2007-11-10 07:05:36

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

@jm site5 looks good. Thanks

@peter separate ftp accounts is a definite prerequisite which unfortunately rules out orchard. I am checking hostgator but it would be good to hear of people here too regarding their own experiences regarding this matter with their servers.

Last edited by colak (2007-11-10 07:05:59)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2007-11-10 15:54:17

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

O_o

I have 2 txd life accounts, but that site5 one is tempting as an offsite backup.

Board footer