Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1381 2014-01-13 21:36:42

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

Bloke wrote #278114:

Add HTML 5 widget support. max, min, range, blah blah. Bit of a moving target this one, but as best we can to keep up with the ever-changing W3C.

The future blah attribute is under control:

<txp:etc_query data='<txp:zem_contact_email />'
	replace="input@@blah=no trouble" />

#1382 2014-01-13 21:54:24

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

philwareham wrote #278119:

Regarding Modernizr, we’ve managed to remove the need for that library entirely on this forum with some leaner, better JavaScript – I’d imagine that would be the best way forward for this plugin too.

Hi Phil! Modernizr is just checking whether the html5 attribute will render or not, and I have custom js which only runs if html5 not supported, the js that runs is totally seperate to the modernizr check performed, so the slider js for example is a jquery slider that renders on the numeric input which I coded, not sure if you’ve used the new zem and seen how that operates in the browser but it’s the best solution imo, I haven’t seen anything more efficient in terms of browser checking or slider scripts (plus other scripts that again are hand coded js/jquery based solutions) I love jquery so that’s what I plug in to if I want a fallback for sure, maybe depends what your flavour is? The great thing about Modernizr is the plugin (now that Stef is taking over zcr and dropping fallback support I’ll be releasing a new plugin for moderizr check starting with the code I already created for zcr) can be easily expanded to include fallback for the other attributes like canvas etc without hand coding browser checks all the time, makes the plugin dev a lot easier as ultimately you’d have a fallback for as many html5 bits as possible so no penalty on unused js!

I don’t know that Stef would do any js fallback for older browsers, well I don’t know I like the point on just developing it as a html5 web form, and leave fallback plans to another plugin, as you said you have a js fallback that you like, I have a different method that I like, ultimately if we’re both coding to please ourselves and releasing back to the community it’s great for them to have a choice of what they like to use or are familiar with.. Win win!

Last edited by hilaryaq (2014-01-13 22:12:04)

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1383 2014-01-13 22:51:26

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

True. I’ll install and have a play with it :)

#1384 2014-01-14 00:18:38

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

philwareham wrote #278123:

True. I’ll install and have a play with it :)

Do, and check my web forms in older browsers I have the slider js for numeric input if native doesnt render it’s really slick.. ;) to be honest I hadn’t done a lot of work integrating modernizr as I was more interested in having the html5 functionality properly integrated and bug fixing but as Stef is taking that over it frees up my time now to just do the modernizr fallback which will make it a lot better, plus it can be a solution not just for zcr html5 inputs but for all html5 code that might be tricky for some browsers, it does make sense to have a stand alone plugin for just that alright, plus if I want to include some video and audio easy insertion of the new html5 tags etc so it can be a txp html5 helper for web forms but for loads of other bits too!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1385 2014-01-15 11:43:00

dorka

hilaryaq wrote #278118:

There was a bug with a default value, can’t remember properly now but when I integrated the previous code an error spits up for a default value which was defunct so I had removed that where it was mentioned.. You might see anyway if you download the latest one the few problems there might be a better way of solving them!

Hi Hilary, where is the latsest version, you mentioned above, avaliabe for download? I tried again to download the plugin from your site, but the bug is still there.

#1386 2014-01-15 11:52:19

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Dorka, I fixed the bug you’re referring to, you might be best doing a clean re-upload of the plugin by deleting the plugin completely first and then re-uploading from the current version on my site, but yes I did fix that bug already..

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1387 2014-01-15 20:05:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I trawled through the code last night and merged Ruud’s version with mine. Actually, it’s probably over 75% Ruud’s because he approached it in a much better way than I did. I’d missed some of the subtleties of the current HTML 5 spec, so it was great to have another pair of virtual hands to help out.

I also added the first of the callbacks I mentioned to allow the send process to be overridden or augmented. Need to test it a bit first, but I think it’ll work. I’ll need to review Hilary’s version of the plugin to see where the best place is for the other callback(s) to enable her to implement the modernizr fallback stuff. If anyone has any thoughts on that, please yell.

Then I’ll chuck the plugin up on github and development will continue there in plain sight so anyone who wants to contribute to it can do so.

Watch this space, and thank you again Ruud for your excellent work in maintaining this plugin to date.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#1388 2014-01-15 20:17:12

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #278171:

I trawled through the code last night and merged Ruud’s version with mine. Actually, it’s probably over 75% Ruud’s because he approached it in a much better way than I did. I’d missed some of the subtleties of the current HTML 5 spec, so it was great to have another pair of virtual hands to help out.

i also added the first of the callbacks I mentioned to allow the send process to be overridden or augmented. Need to test it a bit first, but I think it’ll work. I’ll need to review Hilary’s version of the plugin to see where the best place is for the other callback(s) to enable her to implement the modernizr fallback stuff. If anyone has any thoughts on that, please yell.

Then I’ll chuck the plugin up on github and development will continue there in plain sight so anyone who wants to contribute to it can do so.

Watch this space, and thank you again Ruud for your excellent work in maintaining this plugin to date.

Hear hear, it’s one of the best Txp plugins (one of my favs for years) I’m so glad it’s being modernised and thanks to you both! Just holler whenever I have something I can hook into for fallback control, just makes it a viable solution for people with clients that might be running ie8 God forbid ;)

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1389 2014-01-15 21:00:36

dorka

hilaryaq wrote #278155:

…you might be best doing a clean re-upload of the plugin by deleting the plugin completely first and then re-uploading from the current version on my site, but yes I did fix that bug already..

Hi Hilary, I feel quite uneasy about being the wet blanket here, but I did what you sugested above and I still get the error. Are you sure you uploaded the right file? Or maybe I download from the wrong address?
http://www.proximowebdesign.ie/blog/textpattern-html5-web-form-with-modernizr-fallback

#1390 2014-01-15 22:36:10

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Dorka, I’m afraid I don’t know then, I’m using the same code on my own site including the same email tag without issue if you take a look.. Perhaps the accents on the text?

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1391 2014-01-23 08:20:07

Dimitri

Hi peeps. Hope I am not interrupting.

Regarding this tag ‘<txp:zem_contact_secret />’

In the documentation, it says
name=“text” – Used internally. Set this only if you have multiple ‘secret’ form elements with identical labels.
(Didnt really make sense to me)

If I have two different ‘<txp:zem_contact_secret />’ with different name values

In the <txp:zem_contact_select />, how do I choose an option in order to select the desired <txp:zem_contact_secret /> contents to send an email

Many thanks

<txp:way_too_cool />

#1392 2014-01-24 15:51:24

akthuro

dorka wrote #278174:

Hi Hilary, I feel quite uneasy about being the wet blanket here, but I did what you sugested above and I still get the error. Are you sure you uploaded the right file? Or maybe I download from the wrong address?
http://www.proximowebdesign.ie/blog/textpattern-html5-web-form-with-modernizr-fallback

Hi Dorka, I had the same problem and I think there’s a bug in the plug In, I could fix it by not using the zem_contact_email tag and using instead a zem_contact_text with type set to “email”
I am not sure it’s the right way, but it cleaned the errors and I got the test e-mail I sent, so it seems to work

Board footer