Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-05-01 01:17:03

TheEric
Plugin Author

[feedback] Textpattern Direction

Honestly. I don’t care about issues with TxD and what went where. That’s none of my business.

What I am interested is the direction TXP is heading. And as such, I have a couple questions:

1. Who is the development lead. That is, not who has put in the most amount of edits, or the most time, but who is the official speaking lead.
  2. What direction is TXP headed?
  3. What are planned future features?
  4. What is the official process for submitting patches? To whom, do we send the patches for consideration? Will there be feedback as to inclusion or not-to-include?
  5. When is the next release coming out? A quarterly time is fine for an estimated TOD.
  6. Donations – do they ONLY go to the txp devs, or do they go through DA and then get allocated to TXP devs following the cut-of-the-top?

#2 2007-05-01 01:47:14

zem
Developer Emeritus

Re: [feedback] Textpattern Direction

Who is the development lead. That is, not who has put in the most amount of edits, or the most time, but who is the official speaking lead.

Me, if you must have someone.

What is the official process for submitting patches? To whom, do we send the patches for consideration? Will there be feedback as to inclusion or not-to-include?

There’s a sticky post at the top of the Development forum. We don’t have a formal system for collecting or commenting on patches, but we’re looking for ways to improve that.

When is the next release coming out? A quarterly time is fine for an estimated TOD.

When it’s ready. (I know that’s not the answer you want, but it’s the only honest one we have)

Donations – do they ONLY go to the txp devs, or do they go through DA and then get allocated to TXP devs following the cut-of-the-top?

They go to the txp devs, including me. There’s no commission. (Donations have been so few and far between that we’ve not needed a formal process).

Alex

#3 2007-05-01 16:05:48

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

I’m afraid I’m getting rather weary of these topics.

#4 2007-05-01 20:22:45

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

While I doubt the email harrassment will stop (here’s a hint: try less obvious baiting and troll-like deception), I will repeat:

I am weary of these topics, asking the same (and some of which: suspect) questions that have been answered ad nauseum, and inviting the trolling to begin/continue. Aren’t we all tired of it? Alex has once more answered the questions, so that should be enough. If not, take it up with him.

Board footer