Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-11 17:43:45

charmston
Archived Plugin Author

[archived] chu_comments_invite

Notice: This thread is archived. This plugin is no longer available.

Hey all,

I created this plugin while coding a personal site. Figured that I might as well release it to the public, so here you all go! I believe that everything is in working order, but this is my first time coding a plugin for TXP so I’m sure I messed up somewhere. I’d love to hear anycomments, praise, criticism, bug reports, etc. that you might have!

The plugin is a rewrite of the comments_invite tag that allows for a more robust customization of its output. The documentation contains more precise specifics.

Documentation | Download (v0.11) | Textpattern Resources

Edit: Already had to update to v0.11, fixing a bug caused by the nature of the strpos() function that caused erroneous functioning when starting a string with link brackets. Links in first post and documentation updated.

Last edited by charmston (2007-01-18 22:53:58)

#2 2007-01-18 22:54:15

charmston
Archived Plugin Author

Re: [archived] chu_comments_invite

Is anybody using this? Is there any interest? I was planning on developing it further, but if nobody is interested, that would be a waste.

#3 2007-01-18 23:36:38

els

Not using it (yet), but I like the idea, especially the ‘zero’, ‘one’ and ‘more’ attributes and the link brackets (really good!). I just don’t have the time right now to experiment with it, but I sure will some day.

#4 2007-02-04 08:03:38

jasonwlangley
Website

Hi,

I just tried this and I really love it. I have been trying to do just this for a long time now.

The only problem is, I am using popup comments, and I can’t seem to get it to work with them. When clicking on the links created by the plugin, instead of opening the popup window, I am just taken to the article page.

Is there any way around this? Please advise, as I would really like to be able to use this plugin. Great idea.

Thanks,
Jason

#5 2007-03-13 05:23:53

Beertigger

charmston wrote:

Is anybody using this? Is there any interest? I was planning on developing it further, but if nobody is interested, that would be a waste.

I’ve been playing with it. Had it up and working nicely, then hosed my TxP sandbox, and I’m still laboring to get comments up and running again.

It’s a nice plugin, don’t let it languish…

thanks,

#6 2007-03-28 09:51:11

mapu

The download link is broken :(

Can any of you who already downloaded it send it over to me? Pls?

#7 2007-06-09 02:19:02

Prax

Not just this one but the other comments_invite plug-in available through the TxP Resource site. Too many broken links. :(

Board footer