Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-07 04:39:56

wbmsic

Meta tags as per graphicPUSH

In doing a google search for meta tags I came across this very helpful article by graphicPUSH:

http://www.graphicpush.com/index.php?id=140

I’ve followed the steps and I still don’t see this:

<title>Your Site Name: Article Title</title>
<meta name=“description” content=“your description” />
<meta name=“keywords” content=“your, keywords, here” />

On the source code of the page

I should also mention that I’m a total newbie at all things TXP, my site is still very buggy.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 2007-01-07 06:04:49

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: Meta tags as per graphicPUSH

That’s an old hack. Rather than modify admin_config.php (and I suggest you make sure and restore it), all you need to do is go to your Advanced admin preferences, and scroll down to the custom fields section.

#3 2007-01-07 06:22:04

wbmsic

Oh, well that makes things a lot easier.

Thanks!

#4 2007-01-07 06:56:21

wbmsic

However the tags are still not showing up in my source code.

Do I still need to have the meta article insert the <txp:article form=“meta” /> into the archive page?

I should mention that when I click on an article, it’s not just the article that shows up, but the article, the comments section and then the rest of the text from my blog in too large font. I’m not sure why and I’m not sure if that has anything to do with this problem but I thought that I should mention it…

#5 2007-01-07 12:54:49

els

wbmsic wrote:

Do I still need to have the meta article insert the <txp:article form=“meta” /> into the archive page?

Yes.

I should mention that when I click on an article, it’s not just the article that shows up, but the article, the comments section and then the rest of the text from my blog in too large font. I’m not sure why and I’m not sure if that has anything to do with this problem but I thought that I should mention it…

You need to turn ‘automatically append comments to articles’ (in Admin > Preferences) off. Then you’ll probably want to read this ;)

Board footer