Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-12-05 00:26:22

squarehalo

Multiple Authors: Limiting Posting Privs to one Section?

Greetings all,

I’m working on a site that would allow multiple authors (in this case, different librarians at a handful of campuses) to update our “blog”. I have a section – appropriately called “blog” – set up for this. Unfortunately since this is our public site, there will be a ton of static pages that have other content for our patrons. I have a bunch of other sections created for this content. Right now, the default librarian role is ‘Staff Writer’. Unfortunately when they login, they essentially have access to every section of the site; when they go to write an article, they can post their update to any one of our sections. I want to limit them only to the blog section. Any ideas?

My apologies if this has already been covered somewhere in this forum, or if I have overlooked a simple tutorial on this process. Many thanks!

#2 2006-12-05 13:38:08

Elenita
Website

Re: Multiple Authors: Limiting Posting Privs to one Section?

There is no way to do this right now, but it’s an oft-requested feature and people are looking into ways to make it happen.

I’ll edit this post if I can find some sources to back this up. In the meantime, you’ll just have to trust me. :)

#3 2006-12-05 16:10:25

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

#4 2006-12-05 19:15:14

squarehalo

does that patch limit users to a specific section, or does it list only the articles for the person who is logged in? i don’t mind if the other librarians can see posts that aren’t theirs…. i just don’t want them accidentally posting an article to the wrong section of the site.

#5 2010-02-15 15:43:06

bici
Website Mastodon

Elenita wrote:

There is no way to do this right now, but it’s an oft-requested feature and people are looking into ways to make it happen.

Has there been any headway made on being able to lock users to specific sections? In my case i would like to limit users to be able to ONLY post to the Blog section.

…. texted postive

Board footer