Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-05-31 13:36:03

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

mem_glinklist: Grouped Link List

Functions the same as txp_linklist, except groups all links under their category heading. The main purpose for this plugin is to allow for a page containing organized lists of links.

Example Page

More Information

Last edited by Manfre (2005-05-28 06:25:53)

#2 2004-05-31 13:42:48

dhdesign

Re: mem_glinklist: Grouped Link List

Very nice – will definitely use this one! You need to add a line break after the category title though – the first link in the list is on the same line with the category title.

#3 2004-05-31 14:01:12

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

I wrote up stuff for the extended help, but I don’t see a way for anyone to see it. So i’ll post here.

Functions the same as txp_linklist, except groups all links under their category heading. The main purpose for this plugin is to allow for a page containing organized lists of links.</p>

Attributes: <table><tr><th>Attribute Name</th><th>Description</th><th>Default</th></tr><tr><td>form</td><td>Specifies which form should be used.</td><td>“plainlinks”</td></tr><tr><td>sort</td><td>Specifies how the links will be sorted within their category groupings. This accepts the same sorts as txp_linklist</td><td>“linksort”</td></tr><tr><td>uncategorized</td><td>Specifies the category name to use for links that are not linked to a category.</td><td>“Uncategorized”</td></tr><tr><td>wraptag</td><td>The tag that will wrap the lists from all categories.</td><td>”“</td></tr><tr><td>headwraptag</td><td>The tag that will wrap the category name—the heading of each list. This tag is contained below the wraptag block.</td><td>“div”</td></tr><tr><td>listwraptag</td><td>The tag that will wrap an individual category list.</td><td>“div”</td></tr><tr><td>class</td><td>Specifies the stylesheet class to use for each wraptag. The headwraptag will be suffixed with “_head”, and the listwraptag will be suffixed with “_list”. E.g. Using class=“mylist”, the wraptag class will be “mylist”, the headwraptag class will be “mylist_head”, and the listwraptag class will be “mylist_list”.</td><td>”“</td></tr><tr><td>categories</td><td>A comma separated list of categories that are to be group listed. If this value is not specified, or empty, then all categories will be displayed. To include the uncategorized links, then add a comma to the end. E.g. categories=“Blogs I Read,Comics,” will output links for the categories “Blogs I Read”, “Comics”, and all uncategorized links.</td></tr></table>

Last edited by Manfre (2004-10-18 05:50:48)

#4 2004-05-31 17:45:07

kevinm
Website

It doesn’t look like headwraptag is working, it puts a “div” no matter what argument I supply.

Otherwise, great work!

-k

#5 2004-06-01 10:47:50

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for pointing that out. A simple typo on my part. I reposted under the same link as above.

#6 2004-06-01 14:17:27

jonhicks
Website

Could this be used in any way to display only one category?

I’ve got a section where I want to display a single category of links on a page, but by adding the ?c=category_name to the URL. This doesn’t seem possible without having a separate page template for each one, and specifying category=“name” in the linkist tag on each one.

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#7 2004-06-01 23:16:45

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

> jonhicks wrote:

> Could this be used in any way to display only one category?

&lt;txp:mem_glink category=&quot;_categoryname_&quot; /&gt;

> I’ve got a section where I want to display a single category of
> links on a page, but by adding the ?c=category_name to the
> URL. This doesn’t seem possible without having a separate
> page template for each one, and specifying category=“name” in
> the linkist tag on each one.

I can look in to this. I may have it default the category to _GET[‘c’] or whatever the proper way of retrieving the current category.

#8 2004-06-02 13:42:15

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

jonhicks, I added the changes that you requested. If category is not specified in the txp tag, then it will first look to the url before defaulting to all categories.

To prevent conflicts with article categories in the url, this plugin looks for “lc”. E.g. “index.php?s=Links&lc=Blogs+I+Read,Comics,Music,” specify that the link categories “Blogs I Read”, Comics, and Music should be group listed.

#9 2004-06-02 14:35:16

jonhicks
Website

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I bloody love you!! This plugin does what I’ve been trying to achieve for ages, and its been a big stumbling block in converting my blog over to txp.

You’re the man!!

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#10 2004-06-02 15:13:07

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

I’m glad that I could help. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

#11 2004-06-08 16:38:09

kennethlove666
Website

i can’t seem to get it to work in g1.19. any chance of an upgrade?
thanks.

Listen to Kenneth

#12 2004-06-08 18:05:16

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

> kennethlove666 wrote:

> i can’t seem to get it to work in g1.19. any chance of an upgrade?
thanks.

Can you elaborate a little? It works on my site running g1.19. Can you cut and paste the tag text you are using here?

Board footer