Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2007-01-24 15:02:03

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] upm_file_popper: A file picker, for use with upm_file.

It’s a warning I give to all my plugins – whatever the latest stable version of Txp is, that’s the version I support.

The error you get is because you need to go to the plugin’s pref page and tell the plugin which field you want it to use. But, if memory serves correct, changes in 4.0.4 meant some adjustments, making it so that in past versions the file popper link won’t show up in the write tab.

My email address has changed recently. If you need to contact me, use the forum contact form.

#12 2007-01-24 16:18:34

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Mary wrote:

The error you get is because you need to go to the plugin’s pref page and tell the plugin which field you want it to use. But, if memory serves correct, changes in 4.0.4 meant some adjustments, making it so that in past versions the file popper link won’t show up in the write tab.

I made the setting change that designates a custom field, but still got the warning I mentioned. It looks like the popper’s JavaScript code could be giving the same warning message for both the preferences problem and the Txp version conflict problem.

The forgot_field error message is triggered when document.getElementById('$upm_file_field') fails to find anything. This can be true either because no field was defined or because 4.0.3 doesn’t use id attributes on any of the custom fields that display on the Write tab. Results may differ in Internet Explorer for Windows, which will fall back to searching name attributes if it doesn’t find any matching id values (yet another of the small ways that Microsoft makes our lives harder).

I’ll be upgrading to 4.0.4 later this week, and this shouldn’t be a problem for me after that. Thanks again for the plugin, Mary, and for all your hard work on Textpattern. :-)

“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”

Hanlon’s Razor

#13 2007-12-14 06:47:26

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Because of the id attributes that it uses for replaced custom fields, glz_custom_fields is incompatible with upm_file_popper. I’ve posted a fix in the glz_custom_fields thread, in case anyone else is having this same problem.

“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”

Hanlon’s Razor

#14 2008-01-22 18:31:54

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Minor update available

Last edited by Mary (2013-01-24 17:26:02)

My email address has changed recently. If you need to contact me, use the forum contact form.

#15 2008-11-16 22:05:55

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Version 0.2.1 now available

Last edited by Mary (2013-01-24 17:26:13)

#16 2009-01-04 00:59:36

jsanto
Website

Hi Mary, thanks for your great plugins and generous support!

I am running TXP 4.0.6 and have just discovered that the “Attach File” link does not appear in IE6 or Safari (neither Mac nor Win) — only Firefox Mac & Win (and, for what it’s worth, Google Chrome). Have not tested with IE7.

Are you aware of this, and is a fix forthcoming soon?

FYI, I am running the following plugins:

jnm_audio
mg_setheader
rss_unlimited_categories
upm_file
upm_file_popper
upm_image
upm_img_popper

#17 2009-02-08 09:17:35

mrdanielt
Website

Same here.

No show in IE7

The pop-up window does appear in Firefox 3.0.6, but the appropriate file tag is not parsed into any of the write fields when I click the “plus-button”.

Such a shame that file_popper does not work properly… the image_popper is magic!!

#18 2009-02-08 22:00:57

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

I’ll need to take a look at the plugin.

#19 2009-02-09 01:24:46

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Version 0.2.2 now available.

Jim and Mark: I checked, and there was definitely a problem for IE7. That should now be resolved. I tested in Safari on windows, and it appears to work there as well.

Mark: This plugin does not work in exactly all the same ways as upm_img_popper. It inserts the file ID into the custom field that you defined, and not anywhere else. This is because it’s primarily intended as a companion to upm_file (and it relies upon the custom field being used).

Last edited by Mary (2013-01-24 17:34:07)

#20 2009-02-09 02:27:08

mrdanielt
Website

Mary, thank you for your quick reply! It’s working perfectly now!!

Re: UPM FILE, I was already wondering how it worked. I guess I will have to try and work this one out another day.

Thanks again!!

Board footer