Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-09-17 08:40:43

jameslomax
Website

basic navigation and layout

Trying to get a new site going, using some existing code, but the plan is slightly different and I’m getting some errors.

here it is

And as you can see, there’s a text mousover link to previous, which I do not want, and the second page you get has messed up css.
Any ideas?
I just need some basic advice, cos my ability with txp is basic…….

#2 2006-09-17 19:23:48

whatbrick

Re: basic navigation and layout

For the “Previous” link, look under Presentation &raquo; Pages and you should see something similar to <txp:link_to_prev>Previous</txp:link_to_prev>. Removing that should take care of it (it may be in another area, such as a form, so keep an eye out for it).

For the messed up CSS, you’ll need to go to Presentation &raquo; sections and change the “uses style:” for the article section to use the default style instead of “article.” Or you could copy the styling from the default style and paste it into the article style. Either way will work. The easiest is the former option.

I’m taking some educated guesses but I hope this helps.

Do not taunt the Markup Monkey!

#3 2006-09-17 20:08:47

jameslomax
Website

OK thanks.

I’ve only got one style though – default, which all sections use.
I don’t know, but the problem seems related to the way a previous post gets archived, and then loses the css assigned to it…..

On the other matter: it appears that the code is in a form, but I want to retain the previous/next function – just stop the main body text being a link for it.

#4 2006-09-17 22:23:46

whatbrick

jameslomax wrote:

OK thanks. I’ve only got one style though – default, which all sections use.
I don’t know, but the problem seems related to the way a previous post gets archived, and then loses the css assigned to it.

I’d double-check because taking a look at the source to the red-balloon article gets you this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.kamerar.com/textpattern/css.php?s=article" type="text/css" media="screen" />

If you put the href url into a browser address bar, it’ll show you the styling information, and it’s getting it from somewhere. More digging around may be in order.

jameslomax wrote:

On the other matter: it appears that the code is in a form, but I want to retain the previous/next function – just stop the main body text being a link for it.

Ok, look in your forms at the default article style and check to see if there’s any tag listed around the <txp:body> tag because something is putting an anchor tag around the body text. It isn’t getting it from the “Previous” link at the top because those tags are closed off properly. You could also post the information on your default article form for others to look at, which might help.

Last edited by whatbrick (2006-09-17 22:24:57)

#5 2006-09-18 19:36:25

jameslomax
Website

Yes the red balloon article is OK, using the correct css. Its the ‘greenhouse’ article that’s broken…..

Having a hunt around for the txp:body thing…..

#6 2006-09-18 21:34:22

whatbrick

Hmmm, I’m getting the same styling on both the greenhouse and red-balloon articles, and both are getting their styling from http://www.kamerar.com/textpattern/css.php?s=article. In fact, the markup is different on those articles than the main page (http://www.kamerar.com/) and looks similar to the default TXP layout. I’d look under Presentation &raquo; sections and make sure that all sections are using the correct page layout and CSS they are supposed to use.

As for the body tag, look under Presentation &raquo; forms at the form called ‘default’. Look for <txp:link_to_prev><txp:body /></txp:link_to_prev> or something similar. If it’s not in the ‘default’ form, have a look in the other article forms.

#7 2006-09-24 08:32:02

jameslomax
Website

Hey thanks….I’m going to be away for a while so I can’t reply just now, and work on this, but will in about a week…..

Board footer